Thread: Solo Campaign Development Discussions - July to Sept. 2014

Hybrid View

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Rob

I don’t see a problem with giving two captains a skill each. That seems to match up with how you guys play on the Aerodrome and it seems to work out. It would also probably make people try to protect those two a bit more. All in all sounds good so far.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Charles

Here are my captin ranks:

Commodore Colton Miller
    Capt. Paul Williams
    Capt. Caleb Thompson
    Cmdr. Isaac Davies
    Cmdr. Charles Simpson
    Cmdr. Daniel Jones
    Lt. Ephraim Hill
    Lt. Benjamin Dance

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by CSherrange View Post
    Here are my captin ranks:

Commodore Colton Miller
    Capt. Paul Williams
    Capt. Caleb Thompson
    Cmdr. Isaac Davies
    Cmdr. Charles Simpson
    Cmdr. Daniel Jones
    Lt. Ephraim Hill
    Lt. Benjamin Dance
    Roster updated
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Charles

Congressional Gold Medal- Congress has commissioned gold medals as its highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions.
    Congressional Silver Medal- During the War of 1812, if a ship's captain was awarded a gold medal, sometimes his officers would receive silver duplicates. Also given for lesser feats.

That is pretty much all that I could find avaliable to Americans during the age of sail, if anyone knows of anymore I would greatly appreciate the assist!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by CSherrange View Post
    Congressional Gold Medal- Congress has commissioned gold medals as its highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions.
    Congressional Silver Medal- During the War of 1812, if a ship's captain was awarded a gold medal, sometimes his officers would receive silver duplicates. Also given for lesser feats.

That is pretty much all that I could find avaliable to Americans during the age of sail, if anyone knows of anymore I would greatly appreciate the assist!
    Thanks. We will need to figure out requirements in game terms.

I will compile medals as folks post, along with said game-related requirements.

It is funny how attached one could get to one's characters. I really like my lead pilot in the OTT campaign.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Thanks. We will need to figure out requirements in game terms.

I will compile medals as folks post, along with said game-related requirements.

It is funny how attached one could get to one's characters. I really like my lead pilot in the OTT campaign.
    Congressional Gold Medal should be incredibly hard to win...

Very few won it during the age of sail, and they were-

John Paul Jones Captain Thomas Truxtun Commodore Edward Preble Captain Isaac Hull Captain Stephen Decatur Captain Jacob Jones Captain William Bainbridge Captain Oliver Hazard Perry Captain Jesse D. Elliott
    Lieutenant William Burrows Lieutenant Edward R. McCall Captain James Lawrence Captain Thomas MacDonough Captain Robert Henly Lieutenant Stephen Cassin Captain Lewis Warrington Captain Johnson Blakely

Most did something crazily brave....

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Awards

If you know of awards/medals captains of your respective navy earned during the time period covered, please list them here along with their requirements. These will not affect gameplay, but will give us something to toast upon recognition.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

As for starting skills, what do you think if each player can choose two captains to give a skill apiece instead of basing it on rank? There might be a fine young officer with more skill than an older higher ranking officer. I saw such a thing when I served. Once we compile a list of skills, folks can state what skill goes to whom.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    As for starting skills, what do you think if each player can choose two captains to give a skill apiece instead of basing it on rank? There might be a fine young officer with more skill than an older higher ranking officer. I saw such a thing when I served. Once we compile a list of skills, folks can state what skill goes to whom.
    Would appreciate this more than just basing it on rank.