Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solo Campaign Development Discussions - July to Sept. 2014

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Do you need a name for the AI Captain? If so I'll use: Salvadore Narez (Charismatic Captain)

1st Leader: Captain Angus Remmington (Charismatic Captain)
    2nd Leader: Commander Brian Coineagan (Aiming Captain)

Ships yet to be determined, but soon.

Captain Angus Remmington / Commanding (HMS Juno)
    Commander Brian Coineagan / Commanding (La Concorde)

Captain Salvadore Narez / Commanding Buque de Playa (Redoutable)
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 07-04-2014 at 15:36. Reason: Added Ships

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I know there's a thread on collisions, but I'm going to ask for a ruling here as I'm in the middle of our first solo scenario and I'd like Fred or Eric's input.

First, are we using collision damage? (I don't think that's in the basic rules?)

So, I'm in turn four and managed to orchestrate a collision between the AI ship and one of my player ships. My ship also happens to be taken aback and while I know the burden goes first until it touches the base of the Juno, but how does the player ship move? Does the Juno trace the front of the ship back and then forward until it touches the Redoutable's base, or does it use the stern of the ship to trace backwards and then forward until it touches the Redoutable? Photo included to help answer the question. And to complicate things both ships are withing 1/2 ruler of the mat/map edge.

Name:  Turn4Collision.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  129.2 KB
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 07-05-2014 at 07:43. Reason: typo/error

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

As for collisions, I don't think the AI mechanism should be held accountable for collisions at the basic game level regarding damage. As for players, I am open to it. The collisions should be resolved, sans damage, according to the rules, and when in doubt there, by what seems reasonable, i.e. how you envision the ships moving and where you envision the ships ending.

In your situation Jim, once the Redoubtable moves, can the Juno move backwards tracing its movement along the arrow via the stern?
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Sebastian, I agree with Fred. If you think playing with a fuller set of rules would increase your enjoyment, by all means utilize whatever you desire. The only time I would suggest against it is if the scenario author has something specific (s)he desires us to experience or experiment with. It might be worthwhile playing the scenario more than once. The first time using the basic rules, and subsequent times adding rules. This could provide good intel for subsequent rule development.

At this stage, I think it might be best not to confuse issues regarding a basic rule set, so if anyone plays with more advanced rules, I suggest making notes of ideas, thoughts, questions, etc., and reserve them for when we start discussions on the next set of rules. I figure we could start those in a month, giving us the next few weeks to solidify the basic set. The goal regarding rules is to offer folks multiple versions so players can choose whatever level of complexity serves their purpose.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    As for collisions, I don't think the AI mechanism should be held accountable for collisions at the basic game level regarding damage. As for players, I am open to it. The collisions should be resolved, sans damage, according to the rules, and when in doubt there, by what seems reasonable, i.e. how you envision the ships moving and where you envision the ships ending.

In your situation Jim, once the Redoubtable moves, can the Juno move backwards tracing its movement along the arrow via the stern?
    This is the complication I think. Redoutable moves forward on the line until its base touches the Juno (puts them almost exactly corner to corner). In any attempt to move the Juno back tracing the line from the stern its base is going to hit the Redoutable base as it swings back. Only if I pick up the ship can this be avoided and that seems to contradict tracing a line from the stern? Ironically, if the angle of approach on the Redoutable had been different I think the Juno would at least be able to move back initially, but then collide when moving forward?
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 07-05-2014 at 07:44. Reason: typos

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I think I understand the logic of the heavier ship moving first, but since movement is simultaneous, it can create confusing situations regarding what would have happened if both ships actually moved at the same time. Jim, as with Sebastian's questions, I think players should be able to make judgment calls regarding rule implementation. After all, we are not in a tournament in which the outcomes of our solo missions lead to some prize. So if you think a different way of handling this should be done, do so.

One thing I might try is to move both ships along the arrows simultaneously, adjusting for what I think the speeds of both ships would be. When the collision occurs, the ships stop.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I think I understand the logic of the heavier ship moving first, but since movement is simultaneous, it can create confusing situations regarding what would have happened if both ships actually moved at the same time. Jim, as with Sebastian's questions, I think players should be able to make judgment calls regarding rule implementation. After all, we are not in a tournament in which the outcomes of our solo missions lead to some prize. So if you think a different way of handling this should be done, do so.

One thing I might try is to move both ships along the arrows simultaneously, adjusting for what I think the speeds of both ships would be. When the collision occurs, the ships stop.
    Thanks Eric. I appreciate the input.

My judgement call is going to be move the Redoutable forward until it touches Juno's base. Then move the Juno backwards tracing the stern line just 'grazing' the Redoutable's base as it swings on the apex of the taken aback line, move it forward until it touches the Redoutable's base once more. Combat is going to be ugly this turn.

Oh, btw, I'm very much enjoying this scenario so far. Cheers!
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 07-05-2014 at 07:45.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    This is the complication I think. Redoubtable moves forward on the line until its base touches the Juno (puts them almost exactly corner to corner). In any attempt to move the Juno back tracing the line from the stern its base is going to hit the Redoubtable base as it swings back. Only if I pick up the ship can this be avoided and that seems to contradict tracing a line from the stern? Ironically, if the angle of approach on the Redoubtable had been different I think the Juno would at least be able to move back initially, but then collide when moving forward?
    AKAIK Redoutable would move forward until she was in contact with Juno, which then (having been contacted) would not move. But check also what the positions would be if the ships were both to move their full move distance. If the bases don't touch then they execute that movement as collisions only occur if bases would overlap after all movement is completed. From the photo it looks like this would be the case, but worth checking :)

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Thanks for larification,

I couldn"t find the rules set stated in this thread and I wasn"t sure if all things written in the development thread carried over into this rule set.

I'm not sure if I will use the advanced rule set. Used it in a previous Solo game, but AI wasn"t moving in that game. Worked fine (I won) and I couldn"t find a situation in which I would have used actions different from the AI choice.

Nice to hear, people are enjouing the scenario already. Don't know when I will have the time, yet.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I finished the solo campaign about 1:30 this afternoon. I took something over 50 pictures (I do promise I wont post them all). I don't wish to spoil the AAR, which I'll start working on soon, but I will say that Captain Remmington and Commander Coineagan will be dining on gold plate service this evening.

I did enjoy this mission and I'll probably try it again, perhaps with some different ships and skils? Thanks Fred!

I finished the solo campaign about 1:30 this afternoon. I took something over 50 pictures (I do promise I wont post them all). I don't wish to spoil the AAR, which I'll start working on soon, but I will say that Captain Remmington and Commander Coineagan will be dining on gold plate service this evening.
    Good work men! Can't wait to see their dispatches

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    Good work men! Can't wait to see their dispatches
    Sorry, it's taking so long. I think I've spent more time on the AAR than I did on the entire battle?!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Sorry, it's taking so long. I think I've spent more time on the AAR than I did on the entire battle?!
    Welcome to being a part of a campaign, Jim.

I am not sure what the ratio is, but I spent far more time on each AAR than playing the associated game, even more so when considering the time it took to take photos, etc. This is why the solo games need to have a ship limit; otherwise, each game could take a significant amount of time.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Welcome to being a part of a campaign, Jim.

I am not sure what the ratio is, but I spent far more time on each AAR than playing the associated game, even more so when considering the time it took to take photos, etc. This is why the solo games need to have a ship limit; otherwise, each game could take a significant amount of time.
    Thanks!

I want to create a worthy AAR, but perhaps I'm getting too carried away and need to streamline my approach? It's bringing back bad memories of conference Power Point presentations. LOL.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

First, I cannot imagine you posting anything not worthy of our reading.

Second, I encourage you to read some of the AARs for a given OTT Final Months scenario on the 'Drome. You can see how different the AARs on the same game can be.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

First, I cannot imagine you posting anything not worthy of our reading.

Second, I encourage you to read some of the AARs for a given OTT Final Months scenario on the 'Drome. You can see how different the AARs on the same game can be.
    Thanks! I have read some of those 'Drome AAR's, which is why I want to get it right!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Please post AARs in the Campaign sub-forum under Normal Threads: http://sailsofglory.org/forumdisplay...Solo-Campaigns

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Thanks! I have read some of those 'Drome AAR's, which is why I want to get it right!
    My Friend, I am confident you will do just fine.
    Last edited by 7eat51; 07-06-2014 at 13:48.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Testing AAR Powerpoint Conversion to individual slides, which don't require user downloading. Please let me know if you have issues viewing the images. Thanks!

Name:  Slide1.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  43.5 KB
    Name:  Slide2.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  143.4 KB
    Name:  Slide3.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  110.0 KB
    Name:  Slide7.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  111.8 KB

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Jim, so far she looks great. No problems at all.

Your game photo is fantastic - lighting, clarity, closeness.

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Alfonso

Hi, I would like to participate with this roster of captains of the Dutch Navy:

Rank / Name / Ship / Class
    Kapitein ter Zee / Cornelis Tromp / Aemilia / 1st rate SoL
    Kapitein ter Zee / Michiel de Ruyter / Zeven Provinciën / 3rd rate SoL
    Kapitein ter Zee / Maarten Tromp / Brederode / 3rd rate SoL
    Kapitein ter Zee / Jacob van Meeuwen / Amsterdam / 3rd rate SoL
    Kapitein ter Zee / Willem van Ghent / Agatha / 40 gun frigate
    Kapitein ter Zee / Pieter Melvill / Castor / 36 gun frigate
    Kapitein ter Zee / Gerardus Oorthuys / Den Briel / 36 gun frigate
    Kapitein ter Zee / Piet Hein / Groene Draeck / 26 gun clipper

Last edited by Poncho Latour; 07-09-2014 at 14:52.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Charles

Just finished the July mission, AAR will be out tomorrow. For a sneak peak I will inform all that the Americans were brash and very lucky.
    Last edited by CSherrange; 07-09-2014 at 21:09.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CSherrange View Post
    Just finished the Juy mission, AAR will be out tomorrow. For a sneak peak I will inform all that the Americans were brash and very lucky.
    Grats to those plucky Yanks!!

Looking forward to your AAR when you find the time.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Alfonso,

The roster has been updated.

Pick two captains, and give each one a single captain ability from the solo rules list.

Welcome aboard.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Folks,

I am just now catching up on the solo campaign and rules.

I want to clarify something regarding victory and ability points. There are two sets of points, one for the scenario (victory) and one for the campaign (ability). The scenario victory points are determined by the scenario writers as a means to help players gauge how well they played a given scenario, to help players determine scenario-based priorities, etc. These can be set to any numbers the scenario writers deem useful. Campaign ability points are outlined in the campaign rules. These remain consistent throughout the campaign, and are the points reflected in the rosters and used for gaining captain abilities.

Keeping these separate should ease any burden on a scenario writer regarding setting up victory conditions for a given scenario, while providing a mechanism for captain improvement over time as captains gain experience via multiple engagements and the accomplishment of multiple strategic objectives. It provides a measure of consistency between scenarios regarding how much a captain receives for successfully doing similar things. It precludes a situation in which a captain can effectively gain a new ability after each scenario due to points set by the scenario writers. For example, if each scenario writer gave 10 points for accomplishing a strategic goal, and it takes 10 points to gain an ability ...

In the AAR tallies, all you will need to state is if a given captain captured a ship, successfully accomplished a strategic goal, etc. I will award points, then, based on the campaign ability point rules.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thanks.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Hi Folks,

I am just now catching up on the solo campaign and rules.

I want to clarify something regarding victory and ability points. There are two sets of points, one for the scenario (victory) and one for the campaign (ability). The scenario victory points are determined by the scenario writers as a means to help players gauge how well they played a given scenario, to help players determine scenario-based priorities, etc. These can be set to any numbers the scenario writers deem useful. Campaign ability points are outlined in the campaign rules. These remain consistent throughout the campaign, and are the points reflected in the rosters and used for gaining captain abilities.

Keeping these separate should ease any burden on a scenario writer regarding setting up victory conditions for a given scenario, while providing a mechanism for captain improvement over time as captains gain experience via multiple engagements and the accomplishment of multiple strategic objectives. It provides a measure of consistency between scenarios regarding how much a captain receives for successfully doing similar things. It precludes a situation in which a captain can effectively gain a new ability after each scenario due to points set by the scenario writers. For example, if each scenario writer gave 10 points for accomplishing a strategic goal, and it takes 10 points to gain an ability ...

In the AAR tallies, all you will need to state is if a given captain captured a ship, successfully accomplished a strategic goal, etc. I will award points, then, based on the campaign ability point rules.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. Thanks.
    Thanks for the clarification. I've updated my AAR, removing any scenario points and simply indicating that the one captain did capture a ship. No ship losses with crews both under 50% casualties so no penalty there. Other than sinking the ship or taking it as prize I don't think we had any other victory requirements?

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Once I read through the AARs, Jim, I can make further clarifications if need be. I will, at the least, post in the AARs how points for that mission will be allotted.

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Thijs

Due to the workload on my work and im leaving for a well deserved vacation this weekend for two weeks I wont be able to complete the july mission within the month july..... Is it ok to complete both the july and August missions in August? Because I will still have 2 weeks vacation when I returned from italy :)

So I plan to sail a lot with my ships in August to get me some Well deserved game time ;)

Cheers Thijs

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Due to the workload on my work and im leaving for a well deserved vacation this weekend for two weeks I wont be able to complete the july mission within the month july..... Is it ok to complete both the july and August missions in August? Because I will still have 2 weeks vacation when I returned from italy :)

So I plan to sail a lot with my ships in August to get me some Well deserved game time ;)

Cheers Thijs
    Eric will have to answer your question on scenario completion. I don't know how extensions work?

Have a wonderful relaxing vacation, and don't forget you are up for writing the September Solo scenario!

We'll expect something extra special seeing as you'll be rested and alert after your holiday.

Cheers!

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Thijs

No I didnt forget about the september scenario,
    Im still cooking on a chefs specialty ;)

I agree its Erik's call, and ofcourse the other palters should agree too!

But I will try to play a game before the vacation ;)

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Thijs,

Please enjoy your vacation in peace. The campaign is for our enjoyment; it is not work.

Where in Italy will you be traveling? My family is in the south, up in the mountains.

Please think of us while you are eating, and raise a glass in our honor.

Blessings on your trip,
    Eric

Hi folks,

it's been a while since I dropped anchor in the Anchorage, but your solo rules and the campaign are just too intriguing to pass them by! After two short games of SoG I played a while ago, this gives me the chance to test my sailing and gunnery again.

I'm not sure I'm not too late to join in, but I played the July scenario yesterday and will post the AAR shortly (working on it). In the meantime, here is my captain roster - if I'm too late, I'll just tag along unofficially.

I'll be sailing for the British Royal Navy, my love for Horatio Hornblower just leaves me no other choice.

1. Captain Robert Frederick Moore
    2. Captain Geoffrey Charles Hurst
    3. Captain Norbert Peter Stiles
    4. Commander Martin Stanford Peters
    5. Commander Roger Hunt
    6. Commander George Reginald Cohen
    7. Lt. Commander Alan James Ball
    8. Lt. Commander Gordon Banks

I have a question regarding the "AI taken aback" rules: Does "AI ships handle being taken aback normally" mean the standard rules (1st turn 1 hourglass, subsequent turns 2 hourglasses side) or the basic rules (always 2 hourglasses side)? For my play of the July scenario I assumed standard rules, so that AI ships handle the same as player ships (apart from time to react), but it's not quite clear from the rules.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Rob

Ralf

I have always handled the AI ships taken aback the same way as the players ships. Since officially this first campaign is using the basic rules you can probably do it how you think best. Everyone seems to be doing things a little bit differently, so play it how it would be the most fun for you.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

We're in testing mode so don't worry too much about it, but these first solo scenarios are supposed to be using Basic Rules only. For taken aback that means using the 2nd hourglass. As Rob pointed out folks are doing things a bit differently as we start this journey so it's all good. Cheers!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Hi Ralf,

Welcome to the campaign. I will add you to the roster. PM me with an email address, and I will send an invitation to the google spreadsheet.

Choose two captains, and give one captain ability to each of them.

Landsman
    Colombia

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

wow!!! a lot has happened since my last time her…I was in a long trip in the Amazon until few days ago…I will read and let you know if I can statt with a campaign soon!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Jaime, welcome back. A trip up the Amazon - that sounds interesting.

If you can't make this outing, we'll be starting a new one in October.

Landsman
    Colombia

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Jaime, welcome back. A trip up the Amazon - that sounds interesting.

If you can't make this outing, we'll be starting a new one in October.
    Hola Again!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I am a Biologist and most of my time I am in the Amazon, right now working with tapirs and subsistance hunting, that is why I tend to dissappear from time to time….
    I will prepare for october!! right now thinking about my rooster….

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Forgive me for being pushy, but we're half way through September and I don't think we've heard anything about our September solo scenario?

Fred did July, I did August and still no September? Are we waiting on some new rule clarifications?

Thanks for any update. Cheers!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Not pushy at all, Jim. If we don't have one loaded by Friday, I will post one over the weekend.

Jim, thank you for your steadfastness.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Charles

I know I have fallen a bit behind, but I intend to play August's scenario this week. Been crazy busy at work

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

No worries everyone. Work and real life always come first. I was just wondering where we might be at in the development queue.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Jim, I'm not playing but for a campaign I'm writing myself, I'm hatching some ideas for campaign mechanics... things like persistent damage and crew losses, attrition losses--more than once a ship on a distant station was deemed "uneconomical to repair," stripped and scuttled, and I gotta find out how many places around the world could re-set masts--for example, did a French ship that lost a mast in the Indian Ocean have to go all the way home to repair? (I'd still like an option to differentiate between broken masts and field-replaceable broken spars...)

I'm thinking of a between-battles "Asset Management" stage where you can reassign crews and guns between ships if so warranted in order to bring damaged ships up to combat strength--still trying to figure out how to split Hull, Crew and Gun assets to better represent slow repairs. Gotta pick DM and Rif Winfield's brains about that one...

It sounds complicated, but I'm also hatching an Excel spreadsheet to track it all, with macros to automatically determine starting stats for the next battle after damage, repairs, transfers etc. are adjusted for and add Experience Points, so it should work a lot simpler than it seems.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Jim, I'm not playing but for a campaign I'm writing myself, I'm hatching some ideas for campaign mechanics... things like persistent damage and crew losses, attrition losses--more than once a ship on a distant station was deemed "uneconomical to repair," stripped and scuttled, and I gotta find out how many places around the world could re-set masts--for example, did a French ship that lost a mast in the Indian Ocean have to go all the way home to repair? (I'd still like an option to differentiate between broken masts and field-replaceable broken spars...)

I'm thinking of a between-battles "Asset Management" stage where you can reassign crews and guns between ships if so warranted in order to bring damaged ships up to combat strength--still trying to figure out how to split Hull, Crew and Gun assets to better represent slow repairs. Gotta pick DM and Rif Winfield's brains about that one...

It sounds complicated, but I'm also hatching an Excel spreadsheet to track it all, with macros to automatically determine starting stats for the next battle after damage, repairs, transfers etc. are adjusted for and add Experience Points, so it should work a lot simpler than it seems.
    Some excellent ideas that I could easily see implemented in solo scenarios and/or entire campaigns. Field repair, logistical support, etc. Very neat.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Could add to scenarios... what happens if between Sadras and Providien, Suffren catches Hughes's fleet in the middle of making repairs, or vice versa?

Landsman
    Spain

Log Entries
    Name
    Jose Manuel

Greetings friends!!

How is it working your solo campaign rules??

After summer holidays and my homework (WoG playmats), I'm going to start to give you some ideas and help at SoG solo rules. I have some suggestions that I'm going to send to fredmiracle about his rules, and I'm ready to help you with artwork. I can make a template, tables and anything we can need for solo game and of course for campaign game.

Best regards!

Jose Manuel

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Some basic stats for your campaign you might like to work around:
    Royal naval estimates 1792: roughly £2m between Sailors (£700,000) Extra estimate (£300,000) and ordinary (£1m).
    Royal naval estimates 1815: roughly £19m between Sailors (£14,500,000) Extra estimate (£2.5m) and ordinary (2m).

Slight drop 1802/04 but 1806 to 15 was pretty constant at around £18/19m.

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

British Fleet Distribution: (may not actually be on station)
    1795:
    Plymouth: (7 SOL, 1 frigates, 5 others)
    Portsmouth: (14 SOL, 14 frigates, 15 others)
    Thames/Medway/Nore/Downs: (13 SOL, 27 frigates, 38 others)
    Channel Fleet: (26 SOL, 17 frigates, # others)
    Irish and Channel Islands Squadrons: (1 SOL, 7 frigates, 11 others)
    Raiding France under Smith: (3 frigates, 26 others)
    Jamaica Squadron: (3 SOL, 9 frigates, 7 others)
    Leeward Islands Squadron: (8 SOL, 10 frigates, 9 others)
    Nova Scotia Squadron: (3 SOL, 7 frigates, 2 others)
    Newfoundland Squadron: (2 others)
    Mediterranean Squadron: (16 SOL, 11 frigates, 4 others)
    East India Squadron: (5 SOL, 5 frigates, 2 others)
    Convoys and Cruisers: (3 SOL, 26 frigates, 24 others)
    1808:
    Channel Fleet: (35 SOL, 16 frigates, # others)
    Irish and Channel Islands Squadrons: (3 SOL, 12 frigates, 8 others)
    Jamaica Squadron: (1 SOL, 15 frigates, 27 others)
    Leeward Islands Squadron: (5 SOL, 10 frigates, 48 others)
    North America Squadron: (2 SOL, 9 frigates, 20 others)
    Newfoundland Squadron: (4 frigates, 6 others)
    Brazil: (6 SOL, 3 frigates, 4 others)
    Coast of Portugal: (11 SOL, 5 frigates, 9 others)
    Cape of Good Hope: (4 SOL, 2 frigates, 8 others)
    Mediterranean Fleet: (29 SOL, 26 frigates, 29 others)
    Baltic Fleet: (13 SOL, 5 frigates, 9 others)
    East India Squadron: (6 SOL, 17 frigates, 9 others)

Master & Commander
    UK

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Neil

Dockyards:
    Home Major:
    Deptford
    Chatham
    Woolwich
    Sheerness