Hybrid View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Andy, let us know how it goes.

I did a fog scenario in which I had one side tell me where they wanted their ships positioned, and then had the other side put their ships on the mat, followed by putting the pre-positioned ships. Folks liked the idea, and the initial placement created some interesting effects. I will tweak the scheme for future scenarios; it is amazing what players think of that never crossed my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Andy, let us know how it goes.

I did a fog scenario in which I had one side tell me where they wanted their ships positioned, and then had the other side put their ships on the mat, followed by putting the pre-positioned ships. Folks liked the idea, and the initial placement created some interesting effects. I will tweak the scheme for future scenarios; it is amazing what players think of that never crossed my mind.
    Oh wow..that's a pretty simple way to do it!

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    Oh wow..that's a pretty simple way to do it!
    It worked really well. One thing about the way I did it is that it allows placement anywhere the GM allows.

Your setup has a nice visual factor, though. I am keenly interested in hearing how it goes, including the physicality of it. I think the players will have fun with the blind setup. Your setup reminds me a bit of Stratego, not knowing what lies ahead. I imagine when you pull the curtain back there will be some groans as people see the position of the ships.

What kind of story setup will you give? I found that the narratives can guide players in interesting ways, but they can still surprise you in unforeseeable ways.

Here's to a successful game, Andy -