Thread: Wave 2 Preorders from AA

Default Wave 2 Preorders from AA

Keith:

Can you let us know how your AA shipment of Wave 2 ships faired and whether there may be a delay while Ares ships out replacements?

Despite hearing about the broken masts I pre-ordered anyway!

It appears to be mostly 1st Rates that are damaged, so hopefully the frigates will arrive mostly intact!

Eric

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

As soon as I see them, I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

I hope your series II parcel(s) arrive undamaged, First Sealord.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

My shipment arrived yesterday. Its apparent that Wave 2 hit a big Pacific squall at some point. I had a total of 39 ships arrive with broken masts. Most are on the SGN106 series of ships, with SGN106C bearing the brunt of the losses. I lost a total of 18 of those alone. Needless to say, this has left me with out enough ships to fill all of my pre-orders. There are currently 3 Complete Wave 2 pre-orders that I can not fill at this time and 4 other orders that contain that ship that I can not fill. If you are one of the unlucky ones (I filled the orders by first come first served), you will be getting an email from me shortly.
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Sorry to hear this, Keith.

Any news on how Ares will handle this?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

That's almost unbelievable. I suspected it was going to be bad, but not that bad.

If Wave 2 had already sold out as previously indicated there probably isn't a huge inventory of ships for damage replacement. It may be months before we see a reprint and how will this impact the Victory and Constitution production. And Wave 3?!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

Ouch...I was one of the unlucky ones.

No problem, Keith...I'm sure something will be worked out. (eventually)

Oh dear, I have two sets somewhere over the Pacific at the moment now I'm feeling quite glum about the prospects of a "clean" slate on arrival. This will be financially very damaging for Ares I would think as replacements would involve not only remaking all those models on a remodelled design of masts, but also all those postage charges.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Z View Post
    Ouch...I was one of the unlucky ones.

No problem, Keith...I'm sure something will be worked out. (eventually)
    Yup, me too.

Now I'm glad I covered two options (Ares and Anchorage). It doesn't sound good any way you look at it.

I wonder if Ares will offer the damaged ships at a discounted price?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I already asked and the answer is no. I can understand it would be rather complicated.

Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    My shipment arrived yesterday. Its apparent that Wave 2 hit a big Pacific squall at some point. ...

Only ordered 2 wave II sips at AA, but I can understand the disappointmet.

Never heared that this happened to a WGF or WGS Series (in such dimensions).

Ordinary Seaman
    Japan

Log Entries
    Name
    Jeffrey

My 2 orders arrived in Hiroshima this evening. My set had 5 of 12 broken, 106A,B,C & 105A&C. The other box is for my friend, so will know later when he gets the 'some good news, some bad news'.

Hmmm, I ordered only 105s and a 107, so fingers crossed!

Although a friend of mine had a mast broken on one of the frigates and I have seen on KS that the 105s were not immune to the damage.

Eric

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    The most recent comment on KS said that you are allowed to keep the ships. So after getting the replacement these be good stand ins for broken mast ships.

I wanted to wait till the ships hit a lokal brick 'n mortar shop, but I think I might give the Aerodrome a try.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Well, just saw that all ships are sold out at the Anchorage. So must find some other way.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

My shipment arrived yesterday. Its apparent that Wave 2 hit a big Pacific squall at some point. I had a total of 39 ships arrive with broken masts. Most are on the SGN106 series of ships, with SGN106C bearing the brunt of the losses. I lost a total of 18 of those alone.
    What was the total size of your order? Your numbers may be the closest we ever get to a real estimate of percentage of shipment damaged.

Keith, please don't wait on the ratlines to ship my wave 2 ships. I'll send extra freight money for separate shipments. Just let me know.

I had a total of 39 ships arrive with broken masts. Most are on the SGN106 series of ships, with SGN106C bearing the brunt of the losses. I lost a total of 18 of those alone.
    It's worse than Trafalgar, oh the humanity!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Well, just saw that all ships are sold out at the Anchorage. So must find some other way.
    That's only until I figure out what I actually have left in stock after the breakage and my pre-orders are sent out. Once I know that, I'll "restock" the site with what I have. Give me a day or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    What was the total size of your order? Your numbers may be the closest we ever get to a real estimate of percentage of shipment damaged.
    Only 30 of each ship this time. Ares selling the ships directly through KS kills my orders. So, for SGN106C that's over a 50% casualty rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    Keith, please don't wait on the ratlines to ship my wave 2 ships. I'll send extra freight money for separate shipments. Just let me know.
    I'll be going through all the ratline, ratline and Wave 2, and Wave two only orders today. I'll get you sorted out.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I will echo Andy's request. As there's no eta timeline on when you'll be able to ship my Wave 2 order out, please don't hold the ratlines until then. I'd like to get them asap. Thanks!

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

This is [CENSORED] embarrassing....

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Airborne

Only 30 of each ship this time. Ares selling the ships directly through KS kills my orders. So, for SGN106C that's over a 50% casualty rate.
    That seems more in line with what has been said on the forums and conflicting with Roberto from Ares on Boardgame Geek. He was talking about a 15% casualty rate on the French Sol, but I was wondering if that was per mast not per ship. So if 15% of the First Rate masts broke and all of them are the fore mast that would be 45% of the ships with a broken mast. Seems like a lot of ships to replace.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Late last week I recieved two more sets of Wave 2 ships and not a single ship was broken. So there could be large portions of the orders out their that are not broken.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

And as an update, Ares has informed me that AA's broken ships will be replaced with new ships from a new production run. They were already reprinting the Wave 2 ships, but that is being adjusted to fix this mistake.

If you placed an order for one of the ships that has a broken mast (mainly the 106 series), I will ship your order out minus the broken ship and send you a refund for that ship. I believe this to be the best option since we do not know how long it will take to get the replacement ships in. Once I have the corrected ships in stock, you can then place a new order for it. This will all start happening as soon as I get the AA site back up and working (I can't actually process any of the orders right now due to the issues).

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

It has been brought to my attention that some of the good ships that I shipped out to customers have turned up at their location with the masts broken.
    Ares has decided to let us store owners service the orders that come from us in an attempt to simplify the logistical and economical impact of this production problem.

IF you were one of those unlucky customers, I'm afraid I do not have any good ships to send out as replacements. Please contact me via PM or email and we will sort it out.

My box has apparently arrived today, so I will be keeping everything crossed until I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio Nelson View Post
    My box has apparently arrived today, so I will be keeping everything crossed until I get home.
    Sadly Imperial and Montagne arrived dismasted . Looks like an email to Ares then.......

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Sorry to hear that Steve.

Also received mine and Prosperine (105) came in with a broken mast. I'll send off an e-mail to Ares.

As I looked at the box it seems as though the insert allows the model to slide back and forth far too much. Opposite of the WoG airplane inserts. Although one would think with the Hebe class frigates having more support on the foremast they would not be effected. Apparently not as much of a problem as the French 1st rates.

Eric

I haven't bought any wave 2 ships yet. Are the broken masts noticeable inside the box or do you have to remove the ship from the box to realize the mast is broken? I was at my favorite "not so local" game store the past weekend where they were fully stocked with both waves. I could not detect any damage looking at several ships through the boxes.

My impression is that most of the time it's immediately obvious--the mast is floating around in the package somewhere. But in some cases it might still be hanging by a thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I haven't bought any wave 2 ships yet. Are the broken masts noticeable inside the box or do you have to remove the ship from the box to realize the mast is broken? I was at my favorite "not so local" game store the past weekend where they were fully stocked with both waves. I could not detect any damage looking at several ships through the boxes.
    Yes I think you will notice. All the photos I have seen show the mast lying down in the box. Here is mine:

Name:  Prosperine broken mast1.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  90.7 KB

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Yep, they are completely de-masted in the box.

Sorry to hear that Steve.
    Look on the bright side -at least I didn't get hit by Customs duty

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Ares has changed who they want to handle the customer service for this issue. I've updated my post above, but here it is for everyone's convenience:

It has been brought to my attention that some of the good ships that I shipped out to customers have turned up at their location with the masts broken.
    Ares has decided to let us store owners service the orders that come from us in an attempt to simplify the logistical and economical impact of this production problem.

IF you were one of those unlucky customers, I'm afraid I do not have any good ships to send out as replacements. Please contact me via PM or email and we will sort it out.