Thread: Missing your Tack!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    Thanks for the post!

I thought it was interesting what it said about light wind making tacking problematic. It would be neat if light winds, aka "minimal sail" made tacking harder. I don't think it does, from what I can see in the rulebook examples, it looks like you get the same *angle* on the turn in all wind conditions, you just go a different distance (?)
    You are correct, the wind state rules in SoG are very basic and just alter the distance for the most part. If you under full sail in high wind you can take sail damage. This may not be a bad thing in keeping with a fast playing game, etc.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    You are correct, the wind state rules in SoG are very basic and just alter the distance for the most part. If you under full sail in high wind you can take sail damage. This may not be a bad thing in keeping with a fast playing game, etc.
    Just so happens I pulled this very book off the shelf the other night to help make sense in my own mind how the Red Cards actually work in the game, and found after some reading and studying the diagrams it did clear things up somewhat! As you've stated in game terms it's very basic and simplified in extent, but it makes sense now that I had the chance to read and get my head around what the card represents in reality!! The book is just about a "Must Have" if you game in this period!!!