Ok I can see that the War of 1812 or War of Independence (Revisited) or whatever you guys want to call it seems to generate a little heat in the debates. Personally, having a euro-centric interest in the period the naval stuff going on at the western end of the pond was just some little skirmish...

Anyway, I'm looking for some information (yes my library does have some failings) on naval actions/movements linked to the REAL 1812 campaign, the Russian one. I've read a lot of texts on the invasion, the retreat etc, but I cant recall a single reference to events on the Baltic which was effectively McDonalds left flank as he advanced to besiege Riga. Surely the French and Russians were doing something along the coast?

There are reports of re-supply along the rivers to the Grande Armee but any naval aspects of the invasion (and there must have been some) are wholly ignored in any account I've read probably because of the magnitude of events on land and the catastrophic outcome for the grande Armee.

So let's see how deep the knowledge base runs here.....:D:D:D