View Poll Results: How will you store your ships?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • In their original boxes.

18 27.27%
  • In a different container, but will keep the original boxes.

29 43.94%
  • In a different container, and will part with the original boxes.

19 28.79%

Thread: Storage Solutions

Threaded View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Default SoG Sails into JoAnn Fabrics - a 1st attempt at storage

JoAnn Fabrics has seen more of me in the past two months that the previous 50 years combined. Where has this place been all my life? Different colors of felt for terrain, storage bins, materials for landscaping, and a place in which Sue can browse quite happily. Did I mention the sales and coupons?

My recent indulgences centered on storage for WoG and SoG components. I bought a couple of different items, supplemented by a few Dollar Tree items, and have, what I believe to be, an adequate storage solution for my current needs.

I used an Artbin Super Satchel Box With Removable Dividers 9007AB to store ships, ship logs, and maneuver cards. The ship bases fit perfectly. I can easily place all of the ship logs within one cell, creating space for additional ships - especially the big second wavers, wind attitude indicators, etc.

Name:  SOGbin1.jpg
Views: 4284
Size:  28.0 KB Name:  SOGbin1a.jpg
Views: 3048
Size:  23.7 KB

Artbin Super Satchel Box With Removable Dividers 9007AB: http://www.joann.com/artbin-super-sa...9.html#start=7

Name:  Divided Bin.jpg
Views: 3205
Size:  28.2 KB

I used an Artbin Super Satchel Single Compartment to store the remaining game components: ship mats and counters for 12 ships, 5 battery mats/logs, coastlines, rulers, reefs, damage bags, etc.

Name:  SOGbin2.jpg
Views: 3156
Size:  22.7 KB

Artbin Super Satchel Single Compartment: http://www.joann.com/artbin-super-sa...artbin&start=4

Name:  Single Bin.jpg
Views: 3208
Size:  49.8 KB

I bought small containers to hold the ship mat counters, one ship set per container, making it easy to pass one to each player; these come in a 10-pack for a dollar at the Dollar Tree. I bought a Jewelry Designer Deluxe Organizer-20 Compartments from JoAnn to store the remaining counters, including five battery mat/log counters. All of these containers are stored in the Single Compartment above.

Name:  SOGbin3.jpg
Views: 3084
Size:  23.2 KB

Jewelry Designer Deluxe Organizer-20 Compartments: http://www.joann.com/jewelry-designe....html#start=11

Name:  Jewelry Bin.jpg
Views: 3139
Size:  42.9 KB
    Last edited by 7eat51; 02-04-2014 at 10:52. Reason: Added color to highlight links