United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Default Member Count Update

Name:  Members_01.png
Views: 348
Size:  17.7 KB

January 2014 turned out to be the second highest month for new members in the history of the Anchorage site. It fell a bit short of the all time high month of April 2013 which was in the thick of the KS project.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Name:  Members_02.png
Views: 333
Size:  18.3 KB

New site members by day for January 2014 shows some interesting things. For the first half of the month, the new member trajectory was running just behind but very close to the WoG site new members track.

On January 15th it seems to have caught a fresh breeze.

For the second half of January, new members were joining the site at a rate of well over twice that of the first half of the month.
    This equates approximately to the time that the last large shipment of KS awards was being received, but the sharp turn in the chart on the 15th is very interesting.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I believe the 15th was about the time stores started selling SoG components.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

That was what prompted me to sign up.

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

That`s interesting; thanks for your work

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Thanks Bruce, these are always helpful for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Another week done.
    The WoG new member track slope is holding steady.
    The SoG new member track has faded a bit from its fast pace set on and after Jan 15th to a rate just about equal to that of the WoG track.

Name:  SoG_WoG_Tracking_20140207.png
Views: 261
Size:  31.3 KB

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Maybe the difficulties in getting hold of starter sets in some places is slowing things down a little.

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Bruce,

maybe it would be interesting how many members belong both to Anchorage and to Aerodrome, and how many belong to just one of this forums?

Nice statistics.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Year to date thru the end of the third week of February:
    SoG still has a slight lead in total new members for the year, but WoG has a much more consistent rate of new member additions.

Name:  SoG_WoG_Tracking_20140221.png
Views: 255
Size:  32.4 KB

Unfortunately, I do not have enough information to determine who is or isn't a member of both sites.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Is it worth setting up a poll to find out who is or is not a member of both sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Is it worth setting up a poll to find out who is or is not a member of both sites?
    You could do it for fun. Unfortunately a lot of members who signed up when the Anchorage started no longer or rarely participate, although many are still quite active on the Aerodrome site. And then you have those who sign up only to download files. Therefore a poll would not accurately reflect all members. You can check the member list and it illustrates this.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    You could do it for fun. Unfortunately a lot of members who signed up when the Anchorage started no longer or rarely participate, although many are still quite active on the Aerodrome site. And then you have those who sign up only to download files. Therefore a poll would not accurately reflect all members. You can check the member list and it illustrates this.
    So one of the ways that I look at the comparative site numbers is to look at the absolute number and percentage of members who have logged on to each site in the past three(ish) days.
    To do that, I go to the Member list under Community> Member List and sort the list by Last Visit descending.
    Then I count the total of the "Today", "Yesterday", and first actual date below that members.

As I write this (and in round numbers), the SoG site has 100 of 500 members with a last visit in the last three days (20%).
    The WoG has 225 of 3000 members with a last visit in the last three days (7.5%).
    No doubt this is greatly influenced by the relative length of time each site has been around, but it may be a worthwhile indicator of relative site activity breadth (if not depth).

None of this is profound or anything, but I just like to play with stats.