Thread: Latest news on Wave 2

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

That's wonderful.

You should make some sort of rank progression based on experience points. By the time she is a teenager, she'll be an admiral.

I was telling a colleague today about WoG and SoG, and encouraged him to come with his son when we play. I think starting to play wargames when I was in grade school has benefited me to this day in terms of decision making, strategic planning, etc.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN DUNBAR View Post
    My daughter and I haven't played or received everything from the first wave and she is already telling me we have to by the next 12 ships. I'm still paying off the first wave of products so hopefully they don't come too soon.
    They said they missed the lunar new year because of a shortage of supplies to make the navigation decks, and now expect to have Wave 2 hit the US by May.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    ...I would've chosen ... a Cruizer brig-sloop instead of a Swan to keep the focus on the Napoleonic Wars--there weren't many Swans left by the time Boney came along IIRC.)
    maybe the reason they didn't want to do the Cruizer was that it would have involved a different rigging style (on what they apparently envision as a short-turnaround project)? With the Swan it's just a matter of scaling down something they know works. With the Cruizer presumably some basic assumptions on packaging and model design/production would need to be retested

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    maybe the reason they didn't want to do the Cruizer was that it would have involved a different rigging style (on what they apparently envision as a short-turnaround project)? With the Swan it's just a matter of scaling down something they know works. With the Cruizer presumably some basic assumptions on packaging and model design/production would need to be retested
    I wonder if it would have made that much difference/ Not to the model I suppose (it would be a simpler construct), but the packaging maybe.....

That said, so many of the ships in the original release for the "Napoleonic Wars" stem are depicted from periods that aren't Napoleonic so a few more wouldn't hurt :)
    Last edited by David Manley; 02-01-2014 at 05:50.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I wonder if it would have made that much difference/ Not to the model I suppose (it would be a simpler construct), but the packaging maybe.....
    would the triangular sails on the bowsprit be bigger, or not? I thought maybe that would have something to do with it, but it's just uninformed conjecture on my part...

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    That said, so many of the ships in the original release for the "Napoleonic Wars" stem are depicted from periods that aren't Napoleonic so a few more wouldn't hurt :)
    Except with a release time of one series a year, it makes the wait time for the truly Napoleonic ships longer.