Thread: There Be Pirates Here-Black Pearl-Just for Fun Repaint

Hybrid View

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Hi Andy, you have done incredible work on the Black Pearl base and card. I am going to paint up Queen Anne's Revenge, would consider using the exact same items you made for Jim and change the name to Queen Anne's Revenge?

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by RickyBobbyFan View Post
    Hi Andy, you have done incredible work on the Black Pearl base and card. I am going to paint up Queen Anne's Revenge, would consider using the exact same items you made for Jim and change the name to Queen Anne's Revenge?
    Jamie - I have no problems doing this for you. Is everything the exact same? Do you know what flag was flown?

Andy

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Andy that is extremely nice of you. Yes here is the flag I found for this ship. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  1.6 KB
    Could you please make Queen Anne's Revenge with 8 and burden 3? I will post a photo of my painted ship if I can figure out how.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  80.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  149.9 KBHere is a terrible picture of my painted Queen Anne's Revenge.Attachment 8853
    Last edited by RickyBobbyFan; 02-04-2014 at 05:22.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Here is a terrible picture of my painted Queen Anne's Revenge.
    One of these days I'll get around to painting one up with dark red sails as well... looks really great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andy

Andy that is extremely nice of you. Yes here is the flag I found for this ship. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  1.6 KB
    Could you please make Queen Anne's Revenge with 8 and burden 3? I will post a photo of my painted ship if I can figure out how.
    Jaime,

Will do, and I will post this sometime tomorrow. Oh, do you like the font I used on the Black Pearl? I ask as I have another 'pirate" type font I can use.

Andy

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Yes the font you used for the Black Pearl is perfect. Thank you Andy.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andy

Jaime,

Here is the ship card and ship stat for your Queen Anne's Revenge. Let me know if you want any changes.
    Name:  QAR Card.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  117.0 KBName:  Ship StatsQAR.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  108.7 KB

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Roberts View Post
    Jaime,

Here is the ship card and ship stat for your Queen Anne's Revenge. Let me know if you want any changes.
    Sweet looking card and log, Andy.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Here's an experiment. I converted the Queen Anne's Revenge Flag I made in MS Publisher to a .jpg. Would this file type work as a file upload? I've been using a labeling tool in MS Publisher which is why there are four flags. I'm assuming you could load this .jpg into any program for sizing and printing? Then just cut out the flag bend over a thread using some white glue and you have a flag. Depending on ink and paper you can reform the flag to your preference.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 02-04-2014 at 15:47.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Here's an experiment. I converted the Queen Anne's Revenge Flag I made in MS Publisher to a .jpg. Would this file type work as a file upload? I've been using a labeling tool in MS Publisher which is why there are four flags. I'm assuming you could load this .jpg into any program for sizing and printing? Then just cut out the flag bend over a thread using some white glue and you have a flag. Depending on ink and paper you can reform the flag to your preference.
    Nicely done Jim!

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Hey Andy, that is some awesome work!!!! I do need to check which deck the ship I converted uses, not sure if it is C or something else. Thank you so much for putting this together. I am traveling right now but when I get home I will track down the maneuver deck.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Hey Andy, that is some awesome work!!!! I do need to check which deck the ship I converted uses, not sure if it is C or something else. Thank you so much for putting this together. I am traveling right now but when I get home I will track down the maneuver deck.
    Jaime, if you're using the Terpsichore the stats are burden 2, maneuver deck C and veer of 8. The Courageuse is burden of 3, maneuver deck A and veer of 7 (this is the ship I'll be using for the Royal Fortune). Cheers!

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Jaime, if you're using the Terpsichore the stats are burden 2, maneuver deck C and veer of 8. The Courageuse is burden of 3, maneuver deck A and veer of 7 (this is the ship I'll be using for the Royal Fortune). Cheers!
    Thank you Jim. I used a frigate I purchased separately from the Starter set. Will have to check when I get back in town.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Roberts View Post
    Keith,

I have the Black Pearl set up as a PDF and ready to upload. Did you want me to wait until the Pirate Ships category is setup before I upload it?
    I just created it for you. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thank you Jim. I used a frigate I purchased separately from the Starter set. Will have to check when I get back in town.
    Sounds good, Jaime. Andy might have to edit your card and log then? Can't wait to see the final ship and base.