Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who HAS NOT received their KS

Default Who HAS NOT received their KS

Just curious to find out how many people have not received their KS yet.
    Please add your name.
    If you receive it later please advise the date received.

Default Who has not received

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Just curious to find out how many people have not received their KS yet.
    Please add your name.
    If you receive it later please advise the date received.
    Hi Ed,
    Well I've "almost" received it...the packages are now sitting in a Florida mail handling service (arrived today) about to be on shipped to Australia so I expect them in five days (Monday next week). the two year wait is almost over.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

I (Scott) have not received it yet, but do have tracking numbers. Hoping for Thursday/Friday delivery. (Mind you, I am still getting a 'tracking information sent on January 13th' message and nothing else - not sure what that is STILL all about.)

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Haven't received mine. It should be here Thursday.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Have tracking, scheduled delivery tomorrow for the two-Captains part of my Commodore's pack-plus-addons, and have asked Roberto to see if UPS can delay until Thursday for the convenience of my package-drop.

Will not be able to take delivery myself until Tuesday no matter what, and then after an initial inventory it's being re-shipped straight to my remote storage site since I don't have room. :(

Expected to receive...
    2x Starter
    2x each of 4 KS Excl's
    2x each of 8 Singles
    2x Game Mat, plus 2 add-on (4 total)
    2x Wooden Attitude Indicator
    2x Wooden Ruler
    4x Terrain Pack 1
    4x Capt/Crew Deck
    4x Terrain Pack 2 pledge, plus 5 add-on (9 total)
    4x Smoke Cloud packs
    2x Damage Chit Bag 5-packs, plus 4 add-on (6 total)
    2x Extra Counter Sets, plus 2 add-on (4 total)

To ship later:
    1x Victory
    1x Constitution

Will compare what's in the boxes to what's on this list next Wednesday after I've done initial inventory.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 01-14-2014 at 15:49.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dan

I have not received my Lt. level, but got the tracking number yesterday and it should be delivered tomorrow. I ordered a couple additional ships from an online retailer and those should also be delivered tomorrow.

I have not received my KS yet. I got a tracking number on Monday, but it stated the label was created on Friday 1/10, delivery scheduled for 1/13. However, when I log into my UPS site, it looks like it still hasn't even been picked up by UPS yet?!?!? My honest feeling is....well...WTH?

I ordered some additional ships which will arrive tomorrow - which, just being honest, reinforced my WTH feeling. I know once I get everything, it won't be a huge deal and it'll quickly be forgotten, however, while I sit and wait I'm a bit frustrated. Hopefully it's delivered this week.

My stuff is supposed to arrive Friday.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

I have received nothing as of 1/15.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrew

I've received nothing; I have a tracking number but no delivery estimate. With international shipping, customs, etc I don't expect to get mine for at least a week (I would guess 22 January or later).

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

So far nothing although since Monday I have had a tracking number that says it the electronic shipping info has been sent for two day priority mail. Mind you just that the shipping info has been sent it says nothing about it actually having been picked up or the shipping began.

Nothing here either. No tracking numbers, just the wishful thinking e-mail stating that package has shipping and tracking numbers to be sent.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

I received one box today. Inside the box was my entire order (Lt. pledge, C and D bags, one extra mat). But, I have a big issue with how it was packed and shipped!

The bags were tossed in the pile of packing peanuts... They are covered in peanut dust. Whatever, I will vacuum them up.

The mats were taken out of their sails of glory triangular cardboard boxes, FOLDED IN HALF and stuffed in the packing peanuts with the pledge box placed on top! So, now I have to see if I can get the CREASE in the middle of both mats out and need to find a way to store the mats because I DID NOT RECEIVE THE BOXES!!!

Not a happy camper...

Quote Originally Posted by The Barrelman View Post
    I received one box today. Inside the box was my entire order (Lt. pledge, C and D bags, one extra mat). But, I have a big issue with how it was packed and shipped!

The bags were tossed in the pile of packing peanuts... They are covered in peanut dust. Whatever, I will vacuum them up.

The mats were taken out of their sails of glory triangular cardboard boxes, FOLDED IN HALF and stuffed in the packing peanuts with the pledge box placed on top! So, now I have to see if I can get the CREASE in the middle of both mats out and need to find a way to store the mats because I DID NOT RECEIVE THE BOXES!!!

Not a happy camper...

Send a copy of the above to Ares.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by The Barrelman View Post

Not a happy camper...
    I'd like to hear what other folks think about this. Personally, I have a real problem with this - especially since earlier reward shipments to backers received the retail packaging.

The retail packaging was really long and not always surviving the shipping and thus getting complaints.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dan

I would also have a problem with items taken out of their retail packaging and put loose in a box. Today I received 3 mats and 2 ships I purchased from an online retailer. It was all in its original retail packaging, then put in a larger box for shipping. The packaging of Ares shipments to Kickstarter supporters should be at least as good as a normal retail would offer. If they got complains about retail packaging not holding up well, the answer is to enclose the retail packaging in a shipping box, not remove the retail packaging. The example above sounds to me like cutting corners to save a few dollars in shipping costs.
    I haven't received my Kickstarter stuff yet - but I got my online order today.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Ted, please contact Ares. They need to know about this. It is unacceptable, and if they are unaware, they have no chance for rectifying this, and a lowered probability of improving in the future. I am sorry to hear this happened to you.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Ted, please contact Ares. They need to know about this. It is unacceptable, and if they are unaware, they have no chance for rectifying this, and a lowered probability of improving in the future. I am sorry to hear this happened to you.
    I will...

I am trying to find those close up images someone took of their models. Has anyone else noticed the paint job quality of their models? I have a few that look like the hulls are half painted. I will try to get images to share.

Thanks

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I have not opened up the vast majority of items received. I think I need to do a full inspection tomorrow.

I have not had a problem with Ares' WoG or War of the Ring components; in fact, I have been very happy with them. Hopefully, the same will prove true with SoG.

Of the 48 that I received from Ares I have no complaints. The stern side of some sails show the primer and lightly coated white paint. But when I gave them a wash with Citadel's Seraphim Sepia shade (that one of our members suggested, but forgot who, sorry) they came out looking good.

Bottom line - Ares did a more than great job.
    The distribution warehouse did not.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Unfortunately, you are quite correct.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Of the 48 that I received from Ares I have no complaints. The stern side of some sails show the primer and lightly coated white paint. But when I gave them a wash with Citadel's Seraphim Sepia shade (that one of our members suggested, but forgot who, sorry) they came out looking good.

Bottom line - Ares did a more than great job.
    +1. The condition of my mat boxes was, to say the least, sh**ty

Ordinary Seaman
    Japan

Log Entries
    Name
    Jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    +1. The condition of my mat boxes was, to say the least, sh**ty
    Mine crossed the Pacific in very good shape. Glad the new guy didn't do mine.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  144.6 KB

Welcome aboard Jeff

Glad to hear your package was shipped by an experienced hand.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Mine arrived today, also mats were removed and put in bigger box w lots of peanuts. as were my two extra bags, (sounds like we had the same order Barrelman) anyway after I kicked off as much of the peanut fuzz as I could off of my mats I rolled them out on the floor. Luckily the creasing/bending wasn't bad and didn't stay, after a few minutes they looked fine. Hopefully you will have the same luck, that said I will be making sure they do not end up with stuff sitting on them again no need to take undue chances.

As of yesterday, I have a package at the USPS sorting facility in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

Not to rub anyones nose in it, but I received my Lt. Pack before Christmas and the mats just after. I think Ares distribution warehouse has really dropped the ball. Even with the holidays I find it hard to believe that it's taken, a month? and people as close as Illinois, like myself, still haven't received their packages. Maybe they stopped shipping until all the components were in house before resuming, but still that's not an excuse. Sorry to hear such about such crappy service.

WoW, lots of leassons to be learned here...I hope they are taking notes. If they really care it would be nice to see them put out a post survey to collect issues. Much of this could have been resolved had they pushed back they street date to honor the original promise that "all" KS backers would have their rewards "weeks" before it was released.

Well at least the game is finally out. There was some talk about it at the weekly club meeting I attended last night and some that did not get in o the KS are picking up the game this week.

Hope the rest of the KS backers get their rewards soon and in good condition.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Update: package made the dropsite safely last night. Still stuck waiting a week to take possession... :( no chance in Hell am I fighting with that much stuff on a three-bus journey out to my aunt's and back.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Holofernes

Not yet. Maybe today though, if tracking is to be trusted. Looking forward to playing a game this weekend if so.

>> Scratch that, UPS brought them today! Woot! Couldn't resist busting them out - here's the four KS exclusives ready to scrap on my dinner table.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Holofernes; 01-16-2014 at 14:30. Reason: Arrived!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Both my Admiral level mats and a local backer's Cpt pledge mat showed up inside a shipping box, still in there retail boxes and surrounded by peanuts. Not sure if the ones showing up now are the results of a lazy packer, but it's not standard practice I'm sure. Do make sure to contact Ares about it though, they should take care of you in do order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    tom

Quote Originally Posted by CHolgren View Post
    Not to rub anyones nose in it, but I received my Lt. Pack before Christmas and the mats just after. I think Ares distribution warehouse has really dropped the ball. Even with the holidays I find it hard to believe that it's taken, a month? and people as close as Illinois, like myself, still haven't received their packages. Maybe they stopped shipping until all the components were in house before resuming, but still that's not an excuse. Sorry to hear such about such crappy service.
    What a bunch of BS. First this was something the Ares warehouse people had never done before The people in Ares warehouse were never trained in mass shipments.. Second I've worked in a USAF Supply warehouse and shipping from there was a lot easier then doing a first time mass shipping like KS. Finally as for hiring a lot more workers to do it faster isn't really possible just before Christmas and the quality of the part time workers would have been quite questionable.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dan

I received my Lt. package today along the extra mat I had ordered. There was no retail packaging on the mats. They were in their plastic bag in the box with the packing peanuts. Bent, but not creased. I would have liked to have the retail boxes for storage and transporting of the mats. I guess I can buy a mailing tube to store them in - shouldn't have to though. Everything else was in good shape. Just a little disappointed in the packaging on the long-awaited day of arrival.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Not yet. Maybe today though, if tracking is to be trusted. Looking forward to playing a game this weekend if so.

>> Scratch that, UPS brought them today! Woot! Couldn't resist busting them out - here's the four KS exclusives ready to scrap on my dinner table.
    Good for you Holo. Looks like fun.

Well, my ships arrived in port today......

But the box looked like it took a long 18 to the side and fell into the sea (had a large hole in it and one side of the box was all wet)

I don't know if it was the hole and stuff fell out or it was mispacked, but I'm missing a lot of components from my order? And it looks like I got duplicates of some things, but not other things I ordered? Given the time it took to get here, the missing components, and what appears to be mis-packing by someone, quite the mess.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks like a fork lift puncture.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Or a foot, unfortunately.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Ryan, sorry to hear and see this. This is simply wrong.

Hey, if that's the worst thing that happens today - still a good day! I'll find a way to get it resolved, may just take a bit more time to get everything!

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    if that's the worst thing that happens today - still a good day
    Fully agree.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

If not a fork lift puncture it could be the triangle shape of an SoG mat box? Either way, it's really depressing to see that. I'm sure Ares will make it all good, but it's still going to be a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    it could be the triangle shape of an SoG mat box? Either way, it's really depressing to see that. I'm sure Ares will make it all good, but it's still going to be a hassle.
    That's weird, It does look like the size and shape of a mat carton.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

That really sucks Ryan! If that was made by the mat box... can you imagine the force that was needed to push that through the outer box?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    tom

Quote Originally Posted by longagoigo View Post
    Mine crossed the Pacific in very good shape. Glad the new guy didn't do mine.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 850
Size:  144.6 KB
    I got lucky with my Mats I ordered 4 extra to go with my Captain's and they fit almost perfectly in a box.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Received my package yesterday. I'm missing my extra set of damage counters... Everything else is as I ordered.

2nd Lieutenant
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Ulrich

Oh, I had ordered a extra set too. Will see when I get it.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

My Lt. package arrived this afternoon.

My stuff arrived Friday while I was out of town. I had ordered two extra frigates. I did not receive extra ships counters with them.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrew

I still haven't received mine, and this morning my tracking information changed to "Incorrect Address - Item forwarded / redirected"...hopefully that means the postal service figured out how to get it to me, and that it's not going all the way back to the US. I double-checked the survey I submitted, and the address I gave is the same one that I get all my other mail at.