Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sails of Savage Mill (Maryland)

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Escapee View Post
    "Yes. At least a couple of us plan to be there at 6 PM and I have a scenario that's scalable for 2 to 6 players. We won't have 6 players, so newcomers are more than welcome."
    Great! Thank you. Look forward to joining you all on Thursday!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Just got confirmation from Gritty Goblin that they have closed their gaming area for the time being, so no game this month. Lets hope we'll be back on for April.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

hi Todd.
    Have you heard anything from B'osun Bob lately as he has not been on the Anchorage for a year now?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Sadly, Bob set sail for St. Mary's county a few months ago, so too far for regular attendance.

Technically, Gritty Goblin is open till 7 today, and allowing limited attendance gaming, but I'm assuming no one's coming out this month. We'd probably have to start earlier if we wanted to get a game in. If someone is interested in trying for next month, let us know.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry to hear that about Bob,Todd.
    i hope you manage to get your game going next month.
    in these strange times we can only hope, but it will all sort itself out eventually.
    Till then stay safe.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Hey Todd,

I'd be interested in trying next month, but an earlier start time my pose some issues with my work schedule. I'll reach out when it gets closer.

Look forward to meeting you Todd. I made it out in February and had the pleasure of meeting Bob before his move and met Jim. Had a great time an been bummed I haven't gotten to do it again!

Best,
    James

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Good to hear from you Todd and James and glad you seem to be well and that Gritty Goblin appears to be surviving.

I really do miss the games. I just don't know that I can commit right now to next month. Timing is not an issue for me, but things might have to cool down a bit more, or at least be stable for a while, before I'd be ready. We can check in again in a few weeks.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Sorry Rob. I didn't mean to neglect you. I'm also glad that you appear to be doing well.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks Jim.
    Just praying that we all come out the otherside OK.
    None of us are ready for Fiddler's green just yet a while I trust.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

So, Gritty Goblin is open for small group gaming. Given our pre-COVID turnout, I figure we'd qualify if anyone is interested in coming out this Thursday.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to hear that something is moving even if only slightly in the right direction Todd. You may well be the first to show a photo of a live club game for months.
    Rob.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    So, Gritty Goblin is open for small group gaming. Given our pre-COVID turnout, I figure we'd qualify if anyone is interested in coming out this Thursday.
    "Sorry Todd, can't make it this month.
    Jim"

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

No problem. If someone else posts that they plan to make it than I can be there. Otherwise we can try for next month, if you're interested.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

So, this Thursday is our monthly date again. Did we want to try to have a game?

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

O.k. So if no one has chimed in, I probably won't be there @ 6.

Next month?

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Hi all. Sorry I've disappeared for a while. Hope everyone is well. Anyone up for a game this Thursday?

Best,
    James

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good to see you back safely back at the Anchorage Jim. In these parlous times one gets worried if a shipmate goes missing for too long. I hope you manage to get your game together.
    Rob.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    James

Thanks Rob. Glad to be back. It has been a long year, but healthy and happy and ready to get under sail!

Best,
    James

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by JimBlkHwk View Post
    Hi all. Sorry I've disappeared for a while. Hope everyone is well. Anyone up for a game this Thursday?

Best,
    James
    I'd like to, but given current levels, I think I'm gonna try to hold out for the vaccine at this point. If hospital beds empty out or the vaccine roll out falls apart I might revisit that. Otherwise, looking forward to summer. Sorry.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

So, Gritty Goblin has relocated:

6420 Freetown Rd
    Suite 130
    Columbia, MD 21044

They have a larger gaming area, and I have been vaccinated. Anyone else up for testing out the new location next Thursday?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I do hope you get your games going again soon Todd, as you have been trying so hard. It will be our first signs that things are getting slightly better on the gaming front.
    Plus, on a more selfish note, the Anchorage could do with a shot of the real action posted again to get us out of the Doldrums.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

;Turns out this week is not a good week for me anyway
    Early warning for next month...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudotheist View Post
    So, Gritty Goblin has relocated:

6420 Freetown Rd
    Suite 130
    Columbia, MD 21044

They have a larger gaming area, and I have been vaccinated. Anyone else up for testing out the new location next Thursday?

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Just a reminder. I intend to be at Gritty Goblin this Thursday until about 6:30 or so; ready to play if anyone else shows up.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

I'll be around again this Thursday if anyone wants to stop by.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

I'll be out again this Thursday, just in case.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

So, last month we had an appearance from Zach.
    If Jim or Mark or anyone is out there it would be great to get some real sailing put together...

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

And some photos please Todd.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

No one last time, and with school & activities starting back up, my schedule is getting busy.

So, I think Sails @ Gritty Goblin is going on hiatus until there's a more reliable demonstration of interest. If someone in the area is interested in starting this back up, please post.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Sorry to hear that Todd. Hopefully it will get going again once people get their lives sorted out.
    Rob.