Hey all;

This is my first attempt at a house rule (for Sails of Glory or otherwise), but I'm bothered by the issue that arose during a play of the "Sitting Ducks" scenario. My SOL had a head-on collision with an anchored ship. From then on, since there was no valid place my ship could place a maneuver card (since the anchored ship occupied the space directly in front of my SOL), it seemed like my ship wouldn't be able to move for the rest of the scenario (even after the anchored ship surrendered, since I was using the full ruleset including the "surrendered ships" optional rule).

Here is my attempt to resolve that issue:

If, at the beginning of the movement phase, the front of a ship's base is in contact with a stationary object (reef, anchored ship, rocky coast), place the planned movement card behind the ship (keeping the same directional orientation). Then move the ship along the maneuver card, per the regular movement rules, including any collisions.

This would at least allow a ship to maneuver out of contact with an anchored ship (assuming there was no entanglement or grappling), and I think it's fairly simple to execute.

Opinions?