Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else think SOG KS Delivery is a fiasco?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    That is great if they are reading it and taking note...just hate to see these problems repeated in the future if they decide to go this route again.
    They are often on BGG and I have seen responses from them to SoG questions there.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ironsides View Post
    I can see many areas where this would be welcome. Even for new planes or even future ships. A WWII Pacific themed release would be very welcome as many are already using other sources for models. They would then have to commitment upfront to know who is interested via KS and then be able to do limited release to general public.
    I would go, "All-In" on WWII Pacific airplanes! I was so horribly disappointed in another company's portrayal of the Japanese A6M2 Zero, that I stopped playing airplane games altogether for a while. I grew up in Hawaii, and 3 models I built ended up in the Pearl Harbor museum. I'm a huge WWII Pacific history buff, and while lack of armor plating and self-sealing fuel tanks made them a bit of a death trap when Hellcats and Corsairs started to appear and pilot skill started to reach parity, the way that game I shall not name played, I'm pretty sure hitting a gnat on takeoff would cause catastrophic damage! :angry:

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    3 models I built ended up in the Pearl Harbor museum.
    You can't say something like this, and leave us dangling. Pictures, we need pictures. So much talent on this site.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    You can't say something like this, and leave us dangling. Pictures, we need pictures. So much talent on this site.
    Unfortunately, I have none. I built them in 1984 for the Hawaiian Historical Society, and they went on display in 1986. They rotate in and out of display. I haven't been back to Hawaii since 1993, but have been told they were still there. Didn't even think to take pictures of them back then, when a 110mm camera cost over $100.

Oh how I wish we had iPhones back in the 80's...

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Very cool, nonetheless. My models ended up at the receiving end of pellet guns.

I wish I was into photography when I was in the U.S.A.F. At least I have good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Oh how I wish we had iPhones back in the 80's...
    I am so glad we didn't.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

The retail date should have not been set until after all KS had shipped.

I had captain level and made plans with local hobby shop to run demos to promo the game believing I would get it even a week before they did.
    Ended up doing the demo with a set the shop ordered just for store use the day it released.

Mine did not arrive until 3 days later.