Thread: Counter limit

Hybrid View

Once a box is filled out, you only need one counter to mark it. You can put the others back in the bag. I ran (10) ships with the demo kit and we didn't have problems running out of counters.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    do you think this will alter the feel of the game much?
    I run WoG games with multiple damage decks. I like the feel of the game knowing that boom cards, for example, are always a possibility - given four of them in the A-deck pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    Once a box is filled out, you only need one counter to mark it. You can put the others back in the bag. I ran (10) ships with the demo kit and we didn't have problems running out of counters.
    It might be worthwhile to have a generic fill counter, this way all of the damage counters are returned; leaving one behind would affect odds.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    It might be worthwhile to have a generic fill counter, this way all of the damage counters are returned; leaving one behind would affect odds.
    If you're worried about a single counter throwing off your odds, then you just can't use counters at all.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    If you're worried about a single counter throwing off your odds, then you just can't use counters at all.
    Not worried at all. It is simply a mathematical thing. If you're going to replace counters, you might as well replace as many as you can, for both odds and for number of counters. If you have several ships, all with multiple boxes checked off, deciding which ones to replace and which ones to leave on the mats/logs could have an impact.