Thread: Counter limit

Hybrid View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I play WoG with four A-decks, two B-decks, and two C-decks, regardless of the number of planes. Knowing certain cards are always a possibility adds a nice bit of tension, and captures a broader range of possibilities each hit. I will do the same with SoG.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    John

I have another question about counters:

Each ship mat comes with a set of counters which has one repair. Is this meant to be the limit on the number of repair actions a ship can perform? Otherwise, is it OK to say, "hey can I borrow 3 more repair counters" and do 4 repairs in a turn?

Second: what happens if you run out of damage counters during a game? This hasn't happened yet but I didn't read rules for putting damage counters BACK into a bag.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by jlmartin621 View Post

Each ship mat comes with a set of counters which has one repair. Is this meant to be the limit on the number of repair actions a ship can perform? Otherwise, is it OK to say, "hey can I borrow 3 more repair counters" and do 4 repairs in a turn?

Second: what happens if you run out of damage counters during a game? This hasn't happened yet but I didn't read rules for putting damage counters BACK into a bag.
    We'll have to ask about the repairs per turn I think.

As to running out, simply remove the counters from all boxes that are completely filled.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by jlmartin621 View Post

I donnot have a rulebook at hand, but I do remember the number of repairs being limited to one each (hull and mast) per ship per game.

In this case, yo donnot need an addutional counter.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do remember the number of repairs being limited to one each (hull and mast) per ship per game
    Yes but you could not start repairs on both hull and rudder in the same turn. With one counter you'd have to do one, then the other over four turns.