View Poll Results: Flipping cards, or two miniatures?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'll have a ship mini for both sides.

35 44.30%
  • I'll make due with one ship and flip the card as needed.

38 48.10%
  • I only need one ship and one side of the card to play my games.

6 7.59%

Thread: Flipping cards, or buying two ships?

Hybrid View

Interesting. It looks like mainly what you see is in the front. I'm thinking maybe get a good bow crest etched and then have a long stern wake etched. Hull length is not important because a long ship could simply cover up part of a long etched stern wake. I'll email Litko and have them send me photos of what they used to have since they don't have them as a reference on the web site any more.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    Interesting. It looks like mainly what you see is in the front. I'm thinking maybe get a good bow crest etched and then have a long stern wake etched. Hull length is not important because a long ship could simply cover up part of a long etched stern wake. I'll email Litko and have them send me photos of what they used to have since they don't have them as a reference on the web site any more.
    The width of the stern wake might matter as it could be coming out the sides of shorter ships or as a stream out the back of longer ships. If they send you photos, can you please share them. I've never seen them either... trying to decide how well 2D etch would work for wake.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Humm, just had a thought....

If etching can make a nice looking wake effect, I should be able to do the etching right on top of the clear plastic cover that come with the ships. That way one would not need an entirely new base and it would fit in 100% with every other ship you might game with.