Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damage to game components inside the box!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I'm not inclined to bother Ares about either of these problems, but if anyone is buying retail at a store I'd suggest a quick close look at the ships before you make a purchase.
    Thanks for the heads up on the missing bowsprit sail... I'll check my retail boxes to make sure none of them have that problem before shipping them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

I can't, for the life of me, find who it was that I saw earlier comment about ships with incomplete paint details. However, I just got my Marine pledge today. I'll email Ares about my issues tomorrow when I have time. However, the HMS Juno seems to be pink (unpainted?) on the outer facings of her upper deck railings and quarterdeck. I don't have an image, but I noticed the same issue on Holofernes' image on the following thread. Again, it appears to be the Juno.

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...o-will-be-last

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot@Me View Post
    I can't, for the life of me, find who it was that I saw earlier comment about ships with incomplete paint details. However, I just got my Marine pledge today. I'll email Ares about my issues tomorrow when I have time. However, the HMS Juno seems to be pink (unpainted?) on the outer facings of her upper deck railings and quarterdeck. I don't have an image, but I noticed the same issue on Holofernes' image on the following thread. Again, it appears to be the Juno.

http://sailsofglory.org/showthread.p...o-will-be-last
    That's the color it's supposed to be. Not a good choice of colors on their part. It looks like a thin coat of white over red.
    Last edited by Gunner; 01-16-2014 at 22:35.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Yes, Gunner is correct. Mine is also as you described. Looks good to me.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Yep, painted as designed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Okay! Thanks guys. I suppose seeing a comment about ships with errors I was a little too much on the lookout. I'll warm up to it... Or maybe get a painter at my FLGS to cover it up if I can't do the former.

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    HOW DO YOU THINK *I* FEEL? I'VE HAD TO PUT UP THOSE JOKES FOR FORTY-ONE YEARS!
    (Care to guess what my last name is? :) )
    Le Surrendier?

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Just an update, Ares has replaced my French SOL from the starter set, the rules book, and the base cards. I am more than satisfied with the outcome. Now I need to play my first game!
    Last edited by Toothless9; 01-24-2014 at 09:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothless9 View Post
    Just an update, Ares has replaced my French SOL from the starter set, the rules book, and the base cards. I am more than satisfied with the outcome. Now I need to play my first game!
    Did you get to keep the old ones?

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Yes. It would probably cost Ares more to send a return shipping label and they wouldn't reuse the rules book or base card. I suppose they could reglue the mast tip but they couldn't sell it as new. I think they are just trying to correct any problems without inconveniencing the customers by asking them to ship stuff back. My confidence in Ares is even greater since my main minis game is Wings of War/ Glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothless9 View Post
    Yes. It would probably cost Ares more to send a return shipping label and they wouldn't reuse the rules book or base card. I suppose they could reglue the mast tip but they couldn't sell it as new. I think they are just trying to correct any problems without inconveniencing the customers by asking them to ship stuff back. My confidence in Ares is even greater since my main minis game is Wings of War/ Glory.
    You did do well. The extra ship gives you some options to try out with the model.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Wreck marker!

Also, while this is a different thread than where I originally reported it, my ruined mat was replaced earlier this week. Mixed feelings on it...

I'm happy it got replaced.
    I'm disappointed it came sans retail box (which was also originally damaged) and it was folded in half, which created a crease. Fortunately my sweet wife opened it upon arrival to inspect it, she laid it out flat on the bed and the crease went away.

So, I'm back up to 3 usable mats but only two usable boxes to transport them in.