Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sails Ho! SoG has hit land...

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    The good news is that ships have landed. Yay!!

The not-so-good is that while the Capt level stuff, the extra smokes and the mats came, the extra Lt. level package I ordered did not arrive and no more shipments are in the UPS system.

Any thoughts? At what point should I assume there was a problem and escalate, vs. assuming that the shipping process is still creaking and grinding forward and will spit out my Lt kit at some point?

ps--these are really eye-pleasing ships!

I think they are just now starting on the Lt. packages. It appears that they sent out all of the Capt. based levels first. So straight up Capt went first, followed by Capt with some extras, followed by Commodores. Since there were more Capt levels ordered than anything else, it makes sense they would start there (it clears out the warehouse faster). The next largest group was Lt level based orders, so they should be reaching port very soon I would think. I'm not sure how or when they are doing the lower levels like Mate and Gunners. I also think Admiral level (that's retail stores) are going out last even though they are just 3x Capt pledges. Neither my self or my FLGS owner has gotten our KS orders.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    I think they are just now starting on the Lt. packages. It appears that they sent out all of the Capt. based levels first. So straight up Capt went first, followed by Capt with some extras, followed by Commodores. Since there were more Capt levels ordered than anything else, it makes sense they would start there (it clears out the warehouse faster). The next largest group was Lt level based orders, so they should be reaching port very soon I would think. I'm not sure how or when they are doing the lower levels like Mate and Gunners. I also think Admiral level (that's retail stores) are going out last even though they are just 3x Capt pledges. Neither my self or my FLGS owner has gotten our KS orders.
    While I don't fault your logic, reality tells me otherwise... at least in my case. I pledged EB Captain, and have yet to receive any product... or word of any such product. Should I be patient, or should I be contacting Ares? Note: I did receive the N/A email on the 27th.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

Not necessarily true, I received my Lt. pack the week before Christmas and the mats the week after. I'm also just down 80/94, in Chicago, from the Fort Wayne warehouse.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Be patient, it'll arrive when it arrives

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

How many extras did you add on, if any? Barring any delays at the warehouse for you order, there are still other factors that could be causing the delay. From what I have seen, you are not the only Capt to still be waiting. At this point I think contacting Ares would be all but pointless. Since shipping is still going on, the most likely response is going to be they don't know if yours has shipped yet or not. I'm sure they could place an enquiry with the warehouse, but I don't think the warehouse is going to make it a priority over getting other packages out the door. I can only imagine the through put drop if they had to start checking for everyone's shipment that asked about it. lol

I would not put any stock into the tracking emails. Ares was trying to throw the backers a bone by providing that info, and it has backfired on them. From what I understand, the warehouse writes down all the tracking numbers and then emails it to Ares. Ares then turns around and emails each person individually about their shipment. It's simply too easy for the factory to accidentally leave off a tracking number here or there and then too easy for Ares to miss sending out an email here or there. Factor in the delay of getting emails out between those two groups and nothing becomes certain any longer :(

As hard as it is, I'd wait for the all finished call from Ares +4 days before I contacted them if my shipment had not shown up yet.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by CHolgren View Post
    Not necessarily true, I received my Lt. pack the week before Christmas and the mats the week after. I'm also just down 80/94, in Chicago, from the Fort Wayne warehouse.
    Interesting, any extras?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Be patient, it'll arrive when it arrives
    I get it... "Don't worry, be happy." I'm a little south of that, I think.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Christopher

As hard as it is, I'd wait for the all finished call from Ares +4 days before I contacted them if my shipment had not shown up yet.
    Thanks, Keith, for the advice. I suppose it's like being caught in a traffic jam... its sucks that you're there at all, but if you're in the lane that's moving the fastest, you don't feel so bad. Problem is that I'm in the slow lane.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git
    Problem is that I'm in the slow lane
    But on the other hand you will 99% get yours's well before most of The Rest of the World....

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Problem is that I'm in the slow lane.
    You and me both buddy! I've even got starter sets and ship packs sitting in my office (that's my store. lol) and can't (or will not) open them because those came to me as my retail order and are not to be released until the 13th. My personal set is in the KS stuff that has not arrived!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Christopher

You and me both buddy! I've even got starter sets and ship packs sitting in my office (that's my store. lol) and can't (or will not) open them because those came to me as my retail order and are not to be released until the 13th. My personal set is in the KS stuff that has not arrived!
    Now that sounds like an exercise in frustration!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I manage to keep my self busy with other things. lol

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Now that sounds like an exercise in frustration!
    Or an exercise in integrity. Very respectable, very honorable. I know you're not asking for it, but all the same, to you, Keith - Well done.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Or an exercise in integrity. Very respectable, very honorable. I know you're not asking for it, but all the same, to you, Keith - Well done.
    Do on to others... and all of that! But thank you sir.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Got my EB Capt. with extras yesterday (sat in our UPS facility in town from Monday at Oh-Dark-Hundred until 11am Thursday when they allowed me to pick it up - they were closed Tuesday and Wednesday for New Years eve/day, and were a day behind logging shipments to get it Monday.

Mats and extras are scheduled to arrive Tuesday.

Pretty happy overall. A few slightly bent foresails, but not bad enough to worry.

I manage to keep my self busy with other things. lol
    That's the trick.

Still waiting here. UPS truck drove by the house and prompt got stuck in the snow after stopping on the hill! Ha serves them right for not dropping off my ships!

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Still waiting here. UPS truck drove by the house and prompt got stuck in the snow after stopping on the hill! Ha serves them right for not dropping off my ships!
    Don't the messenger.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

You and me both buddy! I've even got starter sets and ship packs sitting in my office (that's my store. lol) and can't (or will not) open them because those came to me as my retail order and are not to be released until the 13th.
    Midnight release party, then? ;)