Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sails Ho! SoG has hit land...

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Default Sails Ho! SoG has hit land...

Someone in Illinois has photos of the Captain's Pledge that he received. Several backers have now reported receiving the game, and many of them are complaining that their package did not include the mat. The headache portion of the campaign has officially begun!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

On the FB posts they have been advising everyone that the mats are coming in a separate box but should arrive right around the same time as the main pledge. I'm sure it's because the mats just won't pack well with the rest of the items.

I look forward to mine arriving!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

I received the leutenant pack last night. If I'm not mistaken, the leutenant and Captain packs were pre-packaged, so I would assume that extras wouldn't be able to be added to these boxes and would come seperately.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I can tell you for experience that shipping the mats along with other items is a real pain. I would have thought the other extras would have been in the same shipments though.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Good news about the mats. The shipping issue makes a lot of sense. A bit reassuring there. Hopefully before Christmas all will be here.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

I received everything from the Captains level except the mats. All the other extra's were in the box. It all looks great!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    I received everything from the Captains level except the mats. All the other extra's were in the box. It all looks great!
    That sounds better to me.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    That sounds better to me.
    All of my other extras were in the box, Keith. I posted that on another thread though.

Ordinary Seaman
    Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Brian

Name:  ChristmasPirates.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  296.2 KB

I received my Captains pledge (sans the Mat) tonight. It will be a Swashbuckling Merry Christmas indeed!

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

I am looking forward to getting my package for Easter here in the UK

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Love the pic, usmc1855 !!!!

Ordinary Seaman
    Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    robert fitch

I received the game one day and the mat the following day. the only problem is this time of year, I can't open and play!!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Waiting anxiously for the "December 27" update email to go out and see if I have a number this time...

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dan

Captain package arrived, and the map a day later. Very impressed with the quality of everything :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf03809 View Post
    Waiting anxiously for the "December 27" update email to go out and see if I have a number this time...
    +1

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

It is amazing how all the... get their orders first in the scheme of things. I wonder if the remainder of the world exist as far as the warehouse know!
    Totally discontented from the UK with the whole kickstarter project at the moment as the seems to be a total unbalance in the customer care attitude of the team. I know i will now be put at the bottom of any list any have a number of items 'disappear' due to this comment!

Is it Ares attitude to say"Screw the Victory and Constitution", let's do wave 2 first, you have not invested in that! Let's keep you strung out for a year as we do not give a fig! Just take the wave 2 and shut up!

Ares Games Staff
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by Lead mountain View Post
    It is amazing how all the... get their orders first in the scheme of things. I wonder if the remainder of the world exist as far as the warehouse know!
    Totally discontented from the UK with the whole kickstarter project at the moment as the seems to be a total unbalance in the customer care attitude of the team. I know i will now be put at the bottom of any list any have a number of items 'disappear' due to this comment!

Is it Ares attitude to say"Screw the Victory and Constitution", let's do wave 2 first, you have not invested in that! Let's keep you strung out for a year as we do not give a fig! Just take the wave 2 and shut up!
    Lead Mountain, that's not our attitude. We have explained our reasons for the delay. We offer a full refund to anybody who's not interested in waiting, or in wave 2, if you have any better idea of what we can do to handle the delay, let us know.

Is it better if we postpone Wave 2 by 8 months? Is it better if we do not offer refunds or credit, and just let people wait, as a lot of other Kickstarters did? Any suggestion to handle the problem better than we're doing is more than welcome.

And about UK being worse off than Illinois- it's true, and I don't like it. But there's not much we can do. We are shipping at the same time to EU and US backers, but delivery times cannot ever be the same, and we're not big enough to have one warehouse in every country, unfortunately. Or to ship all parcels in one day.

I personally backed (from Italy) RoboTurtles recently, and while Americans started to get the game one month ago, I still have to see any of it.
    Can I expect thousands of parcels to be sent in one day? No. Can I expect that somebody who's a couple of hours away from the warehouse receives the game at the same time as someone at 10,000 km away? No. There's not much we can do about these things.

Hi Roberto,

I hope you don't get mad every time you see a negative comment. The Anchorage is among other things a venting site.
    I am more than sure 99+% of the people here are just thankful that you're having SGN produced.
    I do my share of complaining but, am grateful for your efforts.
    Last edited by Gunner; 12-27-2013 at 18:35.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Let's face it, simultaneous worldwide delivery would require a Star Trek transporter beam, and even then there's still a bottleneck of how much throughput can be processed within a given interval of time.

And, since Ares is only a five-man band operating literally across an ocean from their primary warehouse facility... let's keep some realistic expectations, folks. I mean, I have a Commodore package with a shipload of addons, and frankly expect mine to be one of the last dozen out the door, and you don't see me getting worked up about my $750... but maybe that's just a certain perspective born of experience that "in the long run, other than life and death it's all small stuff".

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Hi Roberto,

I hope you don't get mad every time you see a negative comment. The Anchorage is among other things a venting site.
    I am more than sure 99+% of the people here are just thankful that you're having SGN produced.
    I do my share of complaining but, am grateful for your efforts.

+1 ^

Able Seaman
    Israel

Log Entries
    Name
    Avi

I would say that this close to the holidays reverse order by distance makes much more sense.
    I would not have gotten my the package by new year even if it left the door on the same day it was received at the warehouse.
    So let some US backer get "my" package and enjoy it in his vacation rather than both of us waiting ...

I suggest we open a "who will get their package last contest" - I guess our antipodean friends will win that one
    Last edited by Avi; 12-28-2013 at 03:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I suggest we open a "who will get their package last contest" - I guess our antipodean friends will win that one
    Well if they send it by surface, it will be two months or more!

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

Hi Roberto,
    Thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased with the Sails of Glory product, and yes I will be buying from my local store when stocks arrive.
    I did however need to vent my disappointment with the communication that has happen which I personal believe is not down to you in isolation.

I will continue to back Ares, and keep my kickstarter for the Victory and Constitution models.

I wish you and your team and the wider community a happy new year and many enjoyable SGN games.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

I was told by Ares that they do not monitor the Anchorage site. Hmmm?

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Dominic, that might have meant "officially as corporate policy"--but both Roberto and Andrea seem to keep us in the loop on their own initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Let's face it, simultaneous worldwide delivery would require a Star Trek transporter beam, and even then there's still a bottleneck of how much throughput can be processed within a given interval of time.

And, since Ares is only a five-man band operating literally across an ocean from their primary warehouse facility... let's keep some realistic expectations, folks. I mean, I have a Commodore package with a shipload of addons, and frankly expect mine to be one of the last dozen out the door, and you don't see me getting worked up about my $750... but maybe that's just a certain perspective born of experience that "in the long run, other than life and death it's all small stuff".
    I just checked my Excel spread sheet. I ordered 9 different types of add-ons with multiples of many. I keep getting minorly bummed mine hasn't shipped yet, but realistically this is to be expected. I figure mine will go out the door two shipments before yours.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Everyone's tired of waiting and the escalating snarkyness I'm seeing on the Kickstarter SoG comments sections is particularly upsetting, There are more claims of people getting ships directly from retailers and Ares folks are trying to calm and reassure people. I did some further checking of retailers and many don't expect stock to be in hand until the end of February.

It was interesting to see that Ares has received no shipping updates from the warehouse for anything going out after 12-26. They project 2/3's of the International shipments will be out for delivery by Monday with 60% of everything already processed. With no UPS delivery on Tuesday and Wednesday next week it's going to be interesting to see how the rest of us 40% end up in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    it's going to be interesting to see how the rest of us 40% end up in the queue.
    I think it's called "the wrong end of the stick"

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I think it's called "the wrong end of the stick"
    Yes, that does sound about right.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Received one Sails of Glory mat this morning, no ships as yet, but unless HM customs have got hold I'm hopeful within next few days

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Encouraging news :)

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Received one Sails of Glory mat this morning, no ships as yet, but unless HM customs have got hold I'm hopeful within next few days
    Glad to hear that! Hopefully more of you EU guys will start getting yours soon. If you guys start getting yours before all the US backers get theirs, that should go a long way in pacifying some of the "Ares dislikes the EU customers" sentiments. Of course, then the shipless US backers will start to complain

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Of course, then the shipless US backers will start to complain
    Unfortunately, the holiday break is coming to a close. It would have been nice to have had the game in hand over the break. With work picking back up, whenever the game arrives, it will probably reach the table slowly. As for others receiving the game first, that is not an issue at all. I think, for many of us, we celebrate the arrival of the game to our shipmates abroad.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Unfortunately, the holiday break is coming to a close. It would have been nice to have had the game in hand over the break. With work picking back up, whenever the game arrives, it will probably reach the table slowly. As for others receiving the game first, that is not an issue at all. I think, for many of us, we celebrate the arrival of the game to our shipmates abroad.
    Eric, with no disrespect to anyone else who backed Sails of Glory, I think your demonstrated kindness and generosity towards others is exceptional. We should all be so supportive that members of the community are finally receiving the game!

In contrast, the comments by too many backers at the Kickstarter comments section is one of "He got his, why haven't I got mine!?!" I take solace that they are still just a handful of the 1,000+ backers of SoG.

Having said that, it's disappointing not to receive the game in advance of the holidays. But I am happy for Ares that the game is finally out, and happy for us that we now have something concrete to either play or look forward to receiving.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Chris did you get an E-mail telling you it had been sent??

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Oh, I'm in the same boat. I was actually the very first backer (I was on the phone with them when they hit the Go button for the campaign) and I've got over $1500 tied up in it... but I don't care who gets theirs before me, I'm just happy that someone is getting to play it finally in it's finished form.

Gamers as group have always been whiners and bitchers, does not matter if your shooting Boltguns or 32lbs cannons lol

Mine is only a little over half of Keith's and haven't received it yet, but also feel good knowing that others are getting theirs, as will I soon. (I hope)

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz67 View Post
    Chris did you get an E-mail telling you it had been sent??
    Hi Gaz, yes I received an email notification on 23 Dec

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Gamers as group have always been whiners and bitchers, does not matter if your shooting Boltguns or 32lbs cannons lol
    That's the hardcore grognards in ANY community actually... you should have heard my range buddies when Smith & Wesson added that damn jam-o-matic internal lock to their revolvers. Made this bunch look tame... LOL

That's the hardcore grognards in ANY community actually... you should have heard my range buddies when Smith & Wesson added that damn jam-o-matic internal lock to their revolvers. Made this bunch look tame... LOL
    I'll stick with my part time hammer/Colt 1911.

I'll stick with my part time hammer/Colt 1911.
    Wise choice.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Just checked the tracking info on both packages, one says shipped 23 Dec, the other says cleared customs on the 30th, which I suspect is the map I received today.

The bad news seems to be the second package only has a shipped notice dated 23 dec but on the scan only electronic notification dated 20 Dec.

So this one looks to be still in transit :(

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Well arrived home from night shift to find Royal Mail knocking on my door with a large box.
    Yup got my Captains pledge. So informed Dec 23, parcels des patched 23 Dec, mat arrived 30 dec, ships arrived 31 Dec.
    I ain't got nothing to complain here

Looks like folks in the UK are for once getting their packages before many of us in the US.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Really glad to see some of the UK guys getting there stuff already!

My retail order arrived late last night, but the release date for it is not until the 13th, so I'll have to sit on those for a while. Still no sign of my KS order.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Really glad to see some of the UK guys getting there stuff already!

My retail order arrived late last night, but the release date for it is not until the 13th, so I'll have to sit on those for a while. Still no sign of my KS order.
    Seriously!? I know you're going to respect the Ares street date, but how many other retailers have gotten ships that wont? Perhaps I should pre-order from you now? The way things are going with the warehouse and UPS I'm not going to see any ships for some time.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

As Ares has said on the KS pages, the warehouse had instructions not to ship to retailers yet. Beyond telling them not to, they can't do much about it if the warehouse does anyways. Plus, I get direct shipments from Ares (from the warehouse) where most if not all other retail outlets go through a distributor. It stands to reason that that along with my close partnership on this game that I would be one of the first stores to receive them... at least I like to think so

With the street date of the 13th (originally it was the 6th and then moved to the 17th, so they are adjusting that date to insure backers have time to get their stuff first), Ares must have an idea that all backers will have their boxes by then. While you could pre-order from me, unfortunately you would not get your toys any faster.

I was the very first person to back the KS and I've got well over a grand tied up in it and I've not seen my stuff yet either. Add to that that it actually cost me more to support the KS than to do my normal retail order (with the KS, I'm actually buying back my own products from them at a higher amount and have the shipping on everything to cover as well). I should be one of the people that are upset, but I'm not as I know nothing ever goes according to plan. In fact, me not getting my KS stuff before others just goes to show how fair Ares is trying to be about all of this.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

As Ares has said on the KS pages, the warehouse had instructions not to ship to retailers yet. Beyond telling them not to, they can't do much about it if the warehouse does anyways. Plus, I get direct shipments from Ares (from the warehouse) where most if not all other retail outlets go through a distributor. It stands to reason that that along with my close partnership on this game that I would be one of the first stores to receive them... at least I like to think so

With the street date of the 13th (originally it was the 6th and then moved to the 17th, so they are adjusting that date to insure backers have time to get their stuff first), Ares must have an idea that all backers will have their boxes by then. While you could pre-order from me, unfortunately you would not get your toys any faster.

I was the very first person to back the KS and I've got well over a grand tied up in it and I've not seen my stuff yet either. Add to that that it actually cost me more to support the KS than to do my normal retail order (with the KS, I'm actually buying back my own products from them at a higher amount and have the shipping on everything to cover as well). I should be one of the people that are upset, but I'm not as I know nothing ever goes according to plan. In fact, me not getting my KS stuff before others just goes to show how fair Ares is trying to be about all of this.
    Thanks for the reply Keith. I've reached the point where I'm just going to keep my mouth shut. I do find it highly ironic that those KS backers who individually probably paid in the highest amounts for the project are most likely to be the very last to actually receive product. As they say, "It is what it is".

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

It is ironic isn't it? But ironically, its probably those people that are least upset about getting their stuff last. Surely you will open your mouth for some

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

One word: "Glock". >;)