Thread: Meridian Ships. Scale 1/700

Default Meridian Ships. Scale 1/700

Hi, today I recived my first order from Meridian Trafalgar 1/700 range. I want to share some photos to compare this ship with langton ship and Sail of Glory's ship. I also want to discuss some advantages and disadvantages of these boats.

The kit consists of the following parts: Hull, masts, yards, anchors (4units), lifeboat (5units), brass ratlines. Brass sails is apart.

The quality of finishes is similar to Langton miniatures

Name:  20160309_153300.jpg
Views: 4319
Size:  142.9 KB

Regarding the size, say that these boats are 1/700 scale, slightly larger than the boats used sail of glory (1/1000)
    I add some photos comparing the size with Langton and sail of glroy:
    Name:  20160309_153550.jpg
Views: 5187
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  20160309_152916.jpg
Views: 7240
Size:  172.0 KB

Comparison of size ratlines. Some of you want to use ratlines brass. I have understood that the ratlines of Sail of Glory are a bit fragile. Meridian's ratlines are like Langton, but longer (much longer). Meridian ratlines not have at the bottom of the detail of the pulleys, therefore, no matter trim the bottom to adjust to the desired size.
    Name:  20160309_152556.jpg
Views: 4535
Size:  183.3 KB

As an advantage, ratlines can be purchased independent of the boat, I recommend using the ratlines of Meridian frigates for boats two and three decks of Sail of Glory.
    Disadvantage: its price, each kit costs 10 pounds per ratlines. Another disadvantage of this brand is the lack of all ship models. For now they do not have many ships, but I spoke with the manager and told me that they are working on it.

Website where you can buy these items is: http://navymodelsandbooks.co.uk/prod...afalgar-ships/

I hope you find it useful. I do not charge any commission of this company, but I'm interested that their products are sold to manufacture more models. I think they are beautiful.

A cordial greeting and I'll put photos of the boat finished,

Julián
    Last edited by Redcoat; 03-09-2016 at 08:17.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Thanks Julian, looks promising, but as you say expensive, I have 10 three deckers needing ratlines, this would be a tad expensive, hopefully the AA store ratlines will be available soon

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Thanks Julian, looks promising, but as you say expensive, I have 10 three deckers needing ratlines, this would be a tad expensive, hopefully the AA store ratlines will be available soon
    One idea would be to use a mix of Meridian and Langton. If you notice, any ratline of Meridian plays lower ratline (which are what give more problems). This way you could save some money.
    Clearly, if you are going to buy ratlines of Sails of Glory, you won't have any problem.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Reg

Hi Chris
    Just been on the website and the Frigate Ratline set is £7.00 and not £10.00. Still expensive when compared to Langtons.