Thread: KICKSTARTER PRIVATEER ENSIGNIA GAMES

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Cool KICKSTARTER PRIVATEER ENSIGNIA GAMES

Came across this interesting game on the KS site. Anybody here heard anything about this game? I've got a copy of the classic Pirateer game which we play frequently around my house.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...70/privateer-0

Name:  ensigniaprivateer1.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  69.2 KB
    Last edited by Cmmdre; 12-07-2013 at 19:49. Reason: spelling error

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    Came across this interesting game on the KS site. Anybody here heard anything about this game? I've got a copy of the classic Privateer game which we play frequently around my house.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...70/privateer-0

Name:  ensigniaprivateer1.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  69.2 KB
    Looks viable and I do like the artwork. A bonus is they've already achieved their KS goal.

I don't own any pirate board games, but I have friends who love the old 90s game, Pirateer? There are similarities, but I think Pirateer has been out of print for ages?

This one isn't due out until June of 2014, which we all know probably translates to Christmas of 2014?

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Looks viable and I do like the artwork. A bonus is they've already achieved their KS goal.

I don't own any pirate board games, but I have friends who love the old 90s game, Pirateer? There are similarities, but I think Pirateer has been out of print for ages?

This one isn't due out until June of 2014, which we all know probably translates to Christmas of 2014?
    You are correct the game is Pirateer, the old one from the 90's. I don't doubt it has been out of print for a while.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I think this will be a good family game or 'beer and pretzels' game. There's enough variety and replayability to make it viable. Besides, it pirates/privateers. . . . .

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    I think this will be a good family game or 'beer and pretzels' game. There's enough variety and replayability to make it viable. Besides, it pirates/privateers. . . . .
    That's what I thought. Another game for the ever growing selection on the shelf.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

When I was young I owned a Waddington's (Parker Bros) 'Buccaneer' game but this looks more complicated.

That was such a great game as a child!

I loved the rubies and diamonds and gold you had to ship back to your home port, really a brilliant fun game for kids..apparently first produced in 1938.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    That was such a great game as a child!

I loved the rubies and diamonds and gold you had to ship back to your home port, really a brilliant fun game for kids..apparently first produced in 1938.
    That is an awesome looking game. With a few exceptions I don't usually mind playing 'kids' games, and first produced in 1938!? Nice.