Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Looks like it arrived in Australia... it's doubly upside down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    Looks like it arrived in Australia... it's doubly upside down!
    Just showing my support for all the Aussies out their, who have to always view all everything the wrong way up. I'm simply being culturally sensitive.

I must be one of the lucky ones. Not a broken or badly bent mast out of the 48 ships received. Even the shipping cartons were in perfect shape. But I haven't taken a close look at the ships yet.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I must be one of the lucky ones. Not a broken or badly bent mast out of the 48 ships received. Even the shipping cartons were in perfect shape. But I haven't taken a close look at the ships yet.
    Very happy for you! Looks like that theory of the Southwest US being at the bottom of the list doesn't hold up (and thankfully so, for you). I'd complain that the Left Coast is at the bottom of the list, but I'm pretty sure some other backers in the Bay Area have already received their game.

Still waiting patiently here in Oakland, CA. *sigh*

Still nothing in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    Still waiting patiently here in Oakland, CA. *sigh*
    I used to work next door to you in San Leandro.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

I used to work next door to you in San Leandro.
    I sometimes go to the Boy Scout store in San Leandro as my son is in the Cub Scouts. Too bad you aren't still around, so I'd have automatically have someone to play SoG with!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    I sometimes go to the Boy Scout store in San Leandro as my son is in the Cub Scouts. Too bad you aren't still around, so I'd have automatically have someone to play SoG with!
    Tell your son that he can earn a SOG badge (and ships) when he masters the rules.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Well it looks like my free time is gone for a while. My three Captain packs just arrived. One day after the mats.
    Congrats, Ed. Looks like I guessed correctly concerning first mats, then ship delivery. Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    Finally my captains pledge has arrived too! Its arrived sans mats yet, but I'm just happy to have the ships after waiting so long. Expertly packaged with all the labels on the bottom of the box that has right way up arrows so its spent most its journey upside down, but every things arrived in pristine condition.

Like Ed, it looks like my free time has just disappeared for a while, I stopped working the moment this arrived today, i told myself id make the time up tonight, but who was i kidding? Now i just have to convince my darling wife that she really wants to play a game with me tonight.

Attachment 8121

(and of course, uploaded from my phone so the pictures upside down. Still at least the box is the right way up now.)
    Congrats Chris. I know you've really been anxious for the ships to hit shore. Have fun and good luck convincing your wife to play SoG this evening.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dan

Still nothing for a Lt. (plus a few add-ons) in northern Illinois.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

So, my mat package arrived tonight. What didn't arrive we're all my mats!!!

As seen by the pictures here...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  184.8 KB
    Box damage.

Views: 664
Size:  187.7 KB
    End of packaging, sown exactly as it was on front porch, opened.

Ares, while your shippers did a great job of taping the 3 boxes together...

Please, please, please, for the love of God, Tape the bloody ends!!!!

I now have to drive to the UPS Warehouse and help them find one of my 3 mats!!!
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 01-07-2014 at 20:40. Reason: Removed unnecessary photo

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Sorry to see this, Curtis.

They taped my boxes so well, some of the printed paper came off and tabs were ripped while trying to remove the tape. I need to inspect all of their contents, now, just to make sure the mats are in there, which I assume they are. I know, never assume.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Well, I'm back from my UPS adventure. It is a tale of the good, the bad, and the ugly...

The Good? They found the mat for me before I even got there.
    The Bad? It was missing the plastic sleeve.
    The Ugly? There are grease/oil/unknown black stains in the middle of the mat.

Sigh, looks like I get to contact Ares soon for a replacement. I just don't think I have the emotional energy to do it tonight, and our office will be hectic with court cases the next two days. I'm a good two more weeks out from having my KS completely fulfilled (Sans Victory & Old Ironsides of course).

PS - I'm out an hour driving, not to mention the gas, just to get my missing mat which turns out to be ruined.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 01-07-2014 at 20:44.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Sorry to hear of the disaster Curtis. That has got to be really upsetting, not even counting your wasted time.

When cleaning up my mat boxes I was surprised to note that they had not taped either end. Being just two states away probably saved me from the same horror story. I suspect the farther the boxes and mats travel the more likely bad things are going to happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Sorry to see this, Curtis.

They taped my boxes so well, some of the printed paper came off and tabs were ripped while trying to remove the tape. I need to inspect all of their contents, now, just to make sure the mats are in there, which I assume they are. I know, never assume.
    Eric, mine like yours came with plenty of tape.
    I think the warehouseman who was taping Curtis's cartons was in the middle of it when the break buzzer wet off, and when he got back, he thought he finished it and put it in the complete pile.

I feel your pain Curtis.

I too had an issue with my mat delivery.

The e-mail alert arrived after the package was delivered, so I had no idea it was on the way. I was away from the house for two days and of course that was when it came.

The real problem was that the UPS driver just dropped it over the gate, and did not walk the 10 feet to put it under the porch, as was noted on the delivery tracking.

This was a very rainy day, the end result was that the package sat for over 24 hours in a mud puddle. It was a soggy mess.

I cleaned it up and dried it out, but I think I am stuck with a lovely musty smell. The boxes are a write off.

I did contact Ares as I need to know what could be done. I am not sure if these can be laundered.

One thing is for sure, the value went out the window.

I haven't heard back from Ares yet, but I am sure I will soon.

Views: 578
Size:  181.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  191.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  113.8 KB

Erin, if you don't get replacements, no one will.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Erin that's pretty awful and doesn't make UPS look very good. As for replacements, what Ed said, covers it exactly.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

Guess they started with shipping Captain level first. Still no info for this Lieutenant...

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

@ Erin - I imagine Ares is awaiting UPS' response to reply to you. I'm sure they'll take care of you either way, but in your case, it should be UPS footing the bill. In my case, I think it should be Alliance or Ares, depending on Ares' instructions on how the mats should be shipped. Not taping unsealed ends is just the icing on the cake.

I was actually appalled/stunned to learn the mat boxes weren't inside shipping boxes to begin with back when they first started arriving. I would think Ares would want the retail boxes to be pristine for us early adopters, as they spent advertising money on them. If we transport them in their boxes to the FLGS' where we play, it's free advertising.

I sent my message in to them tonight in light of you not hearing back yet, just to get the ball rolling for me as well.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

One would hope that, with this copious feedback from backers as to the inadequacy of the packaging used to protect the mat boxes, Ares has instructed their shippers to do better for any further deliveries!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Well, I'm back from my UPS adventure. It is a tale of the good, the bad, and the ugly...

The Good? They found the mat for me before I even got there.
    The Bad? It was missing the plastic sleeve.
    The Ugly? There are grease/oil/unknown black stains in the middle of the mat.

Sigh, looks like I get to contact Ares soon for a replacement. I just don't think I have the emotional energy to do it tonight, and our office will be hectic with court cases the next two days. I'm a good two more weeks out from having my KS completely fulfilled (Sans Victory & Old Ironsides of course).

PS - I'm out an hour driving, not to mention the gas, just to get my missing mat which turns out to be ruined.
    Very sorry to hear this man. I'm sure Ares will sort you out. If not, I'll take care of you my self and sort it out with Ares later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Kangaroo View Post
    I feel your pain Curtis.

I too had an issue with my mat delivery.

The e-mail alert arrived after the package was delivered, so I had no idea it was on the way. I was away from the house for two days and of course that was when it came.

The real problem was that the UPS driver just dropped it over the gate, and did not walk the 10 feet to put it under the porch, as was noted on the delivery tracking.

This was a very rainy day, the end result was that the package sat for over 24 hours in a mud puddle. It was a soggy mess.

I cleaned it up and dried it out, but I think I am stuck with a lovely musty smell. The boxes are a write off.

I did contact Ares as I need to know what could be done. I am not sure if these can be laundered.

One thing is for sure, the value went out the window.

I haven't heard back from Ares yet, but I am sure I will soon.

Views: 578
Size:  181.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  191.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  113.8 KB
    That does really suck! As others have said, that one should be on UPS, but I would not be surprised if Ares does not take care of you. I personally would put it through the wash on gentle and then tumble/air dry it. In the end you are going to most likely be replacing it (either UPS or Ares... or wost case yourself) if you can't get the musty small out. And that would let the rest of us know if we can wash ours when some bloke at a Con spills a drink on it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    One would hope that, with this copious feedback from backers as to the inadequacy of the packaging used to protect the mat boxes, Ares has instructed their shippers to do better for any further deliveries!
    We would hope so. I'm curious to find out how they are shipping the mats that us Admirals ordered. Since they are for resale, damaged mat boxes could be a very bad thing! Guess I'll know come Friday as that is when my KS delivery is scheduled to arrive.
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night, so I contacted Ares via the KS, "Contact Me" Tool.

Roberto with Ares replied early this morning and confirmed he has instructed the warehouse to correct the issue. He politely asked if I would be okay with waiting for my replacement to go out after all the KS orders are fulfilled this week , which is the right thing to do IMO. So I anticipate those of us with damaged, missing, & destroyed mats (and ships I assume) will be taken care if next week sometime.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

I couldn't sleep last night, so I contacted Ares via the KS, "Contact Me" Tool.

Roberto with Ares replied early this morning and confirmed he has instructed the warehouse to correct the issue. He politely asked if I would be okay with waiting for my replacement to go out after all the KS orders are fulfilled this week , which is the right thing to do IMO. So I anticipate those of us with damaged, missing, & destroyed mats (and ships I assume) will be taken care if next week sometime.
    Excellent news

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Very sorry to hear about your mats, Erin. I think many of us share your pain. I sometimes wonder what goes through the minds of shipping personnel.

Curtis, that is good news indeed. I am glad Roberto responded as he did.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

1) Bad luck Erin, agree with all the others that it should be UPS that compensate you.

2) Has anyone blamed the bad weather on Ares for delays yet

3) January 7, 2014 , 11:38 pm Customs clearance processing complete UNITED KINGDOM

4) Anticipation has reached the top, not much longer, must...keep....control....

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Holofernes

Still nothing in Colorado.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 01-08-2014 at 10:15. Reason: typo

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Still nothing in Colorado.
    Actually, there has been at least one person getting their order here in Colorado. Not sure what level he pledge at though.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Holofernes

My bad, I meant nothing for me. I'm sure they will sail in eventually. :)

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

I haven't received mine in AZ, but I am a lowly Marine with a box full of add-ons and the exclusive ships. My base set I planned to buy from a local shop that backed at the Admiral level... Haven't talked to the owner to see if his has come in yet, but I know he's going to hold a set for me. I'll be down there tomorrow night for board game night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot@Me View Post
    but I am a lowly Marine.
    There is no such thing!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

There is no such thing!
    Haha! Fair enough, I meant purely in the level of my Kickstarter pledge.

Couldn't pass up the snipe.

Just an update. Ares did contact me, as I knew they would, and have offered to replace them.

I would like to highlight that this was a UPS issue totally and the fact that Ares stands by their products and customers speaks volumes for company credibility.

I have done some research regarding the cleaning of wetsuit material, which this is, and the do's and don't s, the care and feeding of...etc.

At first I thought, great! Wetsuit material will be "Bullet Proof" and easily cleaned. wrong.

I will share this info on another thread, but in short, don't do what we were thinking, bad idea to launder. There are special cleaners out there for wetsuit material, at a cost of approx $20 plus S&H. Plus, there is the question of what this will do to the printing. Gentle handling is a must!

I should be able to post more soon.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

OK, the next time the UPS guy comes to my door, he's getting a plate of cookies and a hug.

Seriously: WTF is wrong with the rest of the world's delivery people? I've yet to have any problems even remotely like the above.

I chalk it up to a big back log of deliveries, ('tis the season..) they hire extra drivers etc. My regular UPS guy is awesome and this never would have happened.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Good news! I received my tracking codes by e-mail today.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Good news! I received my tracking codes by e-mail today.
    Congrats!! You'll love the ships, if you don't already?

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Delivery folk are usually hired for the same qualities as airline baggage gorillas: strong backs and no brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Delivery folk are usually hired for the same qualities as airline baggage gorillas: strong backs and no brains.
    Too bad our ships can't be shipped by American Tourister.

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Blank check, my preference would be the same way some of my fellow competitive shooters ship their irons to their smiths for tuning: Armed Courier.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Dominic

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Blank check, my preference would be the same way some of my fellow competitive shooters ship their irons to their smiths for tuning: Armed Courier.
    Hey Diamondback, you won't happen to shoot competitive air rifle? Do we know each other?

Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Toothless9 View Post
    Hey Diamondback, you won't happen to shoot competitive air rifle? Do we know each other?
    Sorry, amigo, doubt it--I'm strictly Single-Action Single-Stack Autoloader. (Read: "M1911-family .45 Automatics.") I have a .22 rifle, but it's only been out of the box long enough to transfer it into a range bag... and there it's sat, waiting, for several years, for me to get a chance to get out to a decent range with it.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

My Captain's box arrived today but the mats are still in transit. :)

Hope mine shows up in the next two days. I will be out of town next week and don't like the thought of it setting on my front porch (or in the trash can) while I'm gone.

Still waiting on a tracking number.

Who isnt!

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Got my Captains box today, huzzah!!

And this bit will only be off interest to non USA backers, the UPS label under Detailed descriptions of contents list the contents as sample game kit with a value of 5 (whole) US dollars so if anyone like myself were awaiting customs charges I'd say the coast is clear on that account!

Small update, after having to go to the local post office to collect the captain set 10 minutes after getting home my mats were delivered. All done and happy!
    Last edited by Gaz67; 01-10-2014 at 08:02.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

My local shop got his admiral pledge in, just yesterday I think. I went in for board game night and it was staring me in the face. There's a sad part here... They hadn't tagged it in their system for sale yet! "Noooooooooo!"

I'm going to try and get a ride down today or tomorrow to get the starter set, and I hope my Marine pledge shows up soon.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

My FLGS got theirs in earlier this week as well and my Admiral pledge is out for delivery today.