Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

Got a reply from Ares...

Retail packaging is not considered part of the KS item. What we are receiving is not considered a retail delivery. So, to save on shipping costs they alter what is delivered to fit their needs. The items as delivered are considered complete and correct.

Guess I will have to find a shipping tube or something to store them or find a willing buyer...
    Last edited by The Barrelman; 01-17-2014 at 12:03.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by The Barrelman View Post
    Got a reply from Ares...

Retail packaging is not considered part of the KS item. What we are receiving is not considered a retail delivery. So, to save on shipping costs they alter what is delivered to fit their needs. The items as delivered are considered complete and correct.

Guess I will have to find a shipping tube or something to store them or find a willing buyer...
    I'm having a real hard time with that response. If anyone received the retail packaging for the mats at a given pledge level, I think that all backers should then receive retail packaging. In my case, I have seen posts from others at the Lt. level receiving retail packaging and mats requiring two shipments. I expect the same.

That being said... I just received my reward (Hooray!!!!) and my mats were NOT in retail packaging but were rolled up (not folded) in plastic bags. They don't appear worse for the wear, but I still feel a bit shafted because I didn't get the retail boxes. And don't get me started about the fact that although I received tracking numbers on Monday AM that my package did not reach USPS until Wednesday night at 10:00. Product is fantastic, but the shipping process/decisions have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry for the rant. I'm done with complaining/whining, I've washed the bad taste out with some Scope and will now be pleased with the final product. And yes... the final product is pleasing.
    Last edited by GrouperKicker; 01-17-2014 at 13:46.

Ted
    That's is a shocking response from Ares, very surprising and disappointing. Think they may regret that possible knee jerk reaction in hindsight. Ive shipped WOG maps and just put the boxes together, bubble wrap them and tape all over and off you go, it's not difficult or time consuming.