Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

Hybrid View

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    First, I must not have had my coffee today - Meant to say Bruce (or at least RichardPF) when mentioning you. Sorry about that.

Second, I agree that it will be interesting. On the one hand, given the information available to Ares, I would think (to the extent they have ANY control over this, which I doubt), it makes sense to put your order to the end of the queue. As a non-retailer who is so heavily invested in the game, it's unlikely you will "walk away" under any circumstances. So to the extent that your order is more difficult to fill, it seems like a natural choice to push it to the end.

To argue against myself, though, there's an argument to be made that yours should have been among the first - it's so large (relatively speaking) that filling it would have freed up some space in the warehouse. Why not push it out the door?
    Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Given that the best advertising is word of mouth, and that profits are highly dependent upon repeat purchases, it could be argued that Ares should have sent things out based on dollar amount - highest to lowest. Those who supported at the highest amounts are most likely to do so again on subsequent releases, and, theoretically, might have the most influence on others. The hard part in discussions like these is that we're only hearing one side of a telephone conversation, if you will. It is interesting to ponder, though, in a case study way.
    Sorry to grumble; I had rationalized the expenditure as my 2013 Christmas shopping.

Of course being philosophical, it is possible that the KS exclusive ships will make more valuable Christmas presents this coming year.

(Or the next... just kidding)

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    Sorry to grumble; I had rationalized the expenditure as my 2013 Christmas shopping.

Of course being philosophical, it is possible that the KS exclusive ships will make more valuable Christmas presents this coming year.

(Or the next... just kidding)
    With 30 Marine level pledges, you could give one KS ship for Christmas for the next 120 years, and they would be more valuable every year.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

With 30 Marine level pledges, you could give one KS ship for Christmas for the next 120 years, and they would be more valuable every year.
    Yes, I may be covered for a few years.

The "Or the next..." was just a snarky attempt at humor about when the package(s) might arrive.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Yes, I may be covered for a few years.

The "Or the next..." was just a snarky attempt at humor about when the package(s) might arrive.
    I know what you meant. There's enough snark to go around for everyone!

Having said that, it's really not a bad investment strategy on your part. If SoG goes anything like Wings of War/Wings of Glory, your investment will outperform the S&P 500 handily (although 2013 was a crazy good year for stocks).

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

I know what you meant. There's enough snark to go around for everyone!

Having said that, it's really not a bad investment strategy on your part. If SoG goes anything like Wings of War/Wings of Glory, your investment will outperform the S&P 500 handily (although 2013 was a crazy good year for stocks).
    I had thought about the potential investment value of the KS exclusives and even posted a bit about it, but I can't see myself actually selling them.

Keeping them locked away in a closet forever doesn't really do anyone any good, so what's left is using them as gifts.
    In a few years it might be kind of like gifting matured savings bonds.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

I had thought about the potential investment value of the KS exclusives and even posted a bit about it, but I can't see myself actually selling them.

Keeping them locked away in a closet forever doesn't really do anyone any good, so what's left is using them as gifts.
    In a few years it might be kind of like gifting matured savings bonds.
    Kind of like matured savings bonds - IF bonds had cannons that shoot at each other to little bits and allow the giftee to pretend they are Lucky Jack Aubrey about to capture a Spanish treasure ship.