Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I remember someone mentioning, that due to us taking part in a Kickstarter the value of the package will be the actual production costs and not the retail value. Haven't seen any comment on that since and to be honest I do see some difficulties in persuading the local customs officer.
    That is correct. I hope Ares remember this when they are posting out and filling in the customs declarations. Also it should be based on the value of the game and ships, and not of any items added as "freebies". I wonder what the actual production costs are?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    If the value of the item exceeds 22€ you have to pay VAT (currently 19% in Germany), if it also exceeds a value of 150€ you would have to pay customs charges as well. This is independent of the way it get's across the border (sent by a company, sent by a friend or bought in the US while on travel).

Had to pay VAT when I ordered a cycling jersey for my pregnant wife (a product miraculously absent from the European market).

But as far as I saw on the webpage of the german customs police, there are nor customs charges on toys (if SoG is considered a toy and not tactical educational material ).

I remember someone mentioning, that due to us taking part in a Kickstarter the value of the package will be the actual production costs and not the retail value. Haven't seen any comment on that since and to be honest I do see some difficulties in persuading the local customs officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    That is correct. I hope Ares remember this when they are posting out and filling in the customs declarations. Also it should be based on the value of the game and ships, and not of any items added as "freebies". I wonder what the actual production costs are?
    I'm inquiring about this for you guys.