Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    My FLGS got theirs in earlier this week as well and my Admiral pledge is out for delivery today.
    Finally got a tracking number, and my package(s) are scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, the 15th. Is it possible I will be last? Could be!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    Finally got a tracking number, and my package(s) are scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, the 15th. Is it possible I will be last? Could be!
    You probably won't be last... I still have not received tracking numbers for my Lt. (with extra bags and mat) pledge. Nothing showing up on MyUps either.

Anyone know how the extra non-mat pieces are being packaged/shipped? Are they just opening the boxes and adding them in?

Still no message or tracking number, instead I got a payment reminder e-mail from Paypal for my pledge balance

Of course my PP statement shows I paid this in October. At that time I got a duplicate payment request, which I promptly informed Ares about. I just sent Ares a copy of my PP transaction verifying payment, however this does not bode well for a speedy receipt of my package.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

They did state on KS that anyone getting a paypal notice needn't worry about their shipment being delayed. Orders are being filled regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot@Me View Post
    They did state on KS that anyone getting a paypal notice needn't worry about their shipment being delayed. Orders are being filled regardless.
    Thanks - I just saw that on KS. Good to know that it was not just me!

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by GrouperKicker View Post
    You probably won't be last... I still have not received tracking numbers for my Lt. (with extra bags and mat) pledge. Nothing showing up on MyUps either.

Anyone know how the extra non-mat pieces are being packaged/shipped? Are they just opening the boxes and adding them in?
    I think I'll be later than either of you. I'm in Europe and haven't even gotten a shipping notification, and once it does ship there is still transit time, customs clearance, etc...my rewards probably won't even be shipped by the street release date, much less will I have received them.

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

Maybe not Andrew, I've said before I got my shipping notification on the 8th but the parcels were already in the UK on the 7th.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

And I got my notification today and the shipment arrived today as well. Of course, Ares told me personally that mine were on the way days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    I think one of the Australians might beat you out of that Honour: .

Who will be the last?

Me!

Will there be a prize?

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

No tracking Number and nothing on UPS.com.

For fun I crunched the numbers. Using Dec 17th the date they started shipping the first order, and the fact I live 235 miles from Fort Wayne. If my package were mailed on that day, it would be traveling something below the brisk pace of 0.408 miles per hour.

It boggles the mind.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Well, mine's on the way! Due next Wednesday... then I've got a further week before I can even look at it, never mind actually DO anything since I have to put the collection straight into Remote Storage for lack of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post

Who will be the last?
    I'm working on winning the prize of last

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post

Who will be the last?
    I don't know about that. Packages are already arriving in Japan and we haven't seen or heard anything in Texas.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

My mats arrived yesterday. There were only a few days between receiving my tracking numbers and delivery.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm in Chicago - pretty close to Fort Wayne, and I still don't have anything. It's OK though, usually the overseas guys have to watch us getting everything first, so I guess its fitting we all watch them for once!

Landsman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Martin

Hi, no tracking numbers or information either. I have a bet with Roberto that my order will arrive in February!

It is a shame, as I had so many cool plans to work on the rigging of the ships and playing the game over Christmas, but now the free time has gone and I will not have another hobby break until Easter.

Still looking at the messages, undamaged and complete orders is my hope.

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Matthias

also still no tracking number for me in germany

feel like Robinson Crusoe on his island waiting for a ship.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Nothing here in Minnesota yet.
    Sucks is my local shop has been told their retail supply has shipped.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by spiessbuerger View Post
    feel like Robinson Crusoe on his island waiting for a ship.
    Has anyone been following the sales of the Robinson Crusoe cooperative game? No sooner does the game come in stock, it sells out within an hour, and at ever increasing prices. There is a study in consumer behavior and marketing waiting to happen.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

It appears that my mats have hit terra firma in the UK after spending six days in a rather chilly Chicago :) I'm guessing they are in the main post office just up the roead, so maybe I will be a happy bunny on Monday :)

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    It appears that my mats have hit terra firma in the UK after spending six days in a rather chilly Chicago :) I'm guessing they are in the main post office just up the roead, so maybe I will be a happy bunny on Monday :)
    May next week see you sailing the seas of SoG.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

Got my alert from UPS MyChoice; package is coming Thursday. In the meantime, I got my starter set from my FLGS, as was my intention all along.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

OK... hypothetical question about UPS My Choice. If my package was shipped yesterday (Friday), should I have received an alert from UPS MyChoice by this point in time if I had signed up for it?

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Starting to feel like a "Charlie in the box" on the Island of Misfit toys!! Christmas has come and gone, and so has my Birthday with no sails on the horizon. I take courage from the comments here that I have company. Be encouraged, our ships will come!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

"Nothing here in Minnesota yet."

Where are you located in Minnesota ... I'm about 2 hours west of the Cities ... or about as far away from the ocean as one can get in the US!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrouperKicker View Post
    OK... hypothetical question about UPS My Choice. If my package was shipped yesterday (Friday), should I have received an alert from UPS MyChoice by this point in time if I had signed up for it?
    My Capt and mats came with a lot of warning on MyChoice. Then the LT pack came several days later and never showed up on MyChoice. I think it's all a crapshoot...

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

So UPS Tracking says my shipment is 9 packages for a total of 12 pounds.
    For those who have received boxes, are they that light?

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    So UPS Tracking says my shipment is 9 packages for a total of 12 pounds.
    For those who have received boxes, are they that light?
    More like 12lbs each. lol
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Hey Hajj,

I just put an order in for some ships, will they likely ship out on Monday? I'm guessing there's a good chance I get those ships before I get my KS order!

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

So with the game now transitioning into reality, I was wondering if that might yet show up in the new member dynamics for this site.

It does.

As of today (less than half way through January 2014) this is how things stack up:

Name:  NewMembersByMonth_20140113.png
Views: 684
Size:  15.8 KB

Still only about 1/8 of the membership of the Wings side of things all together, but let's see how it goes...

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I love graphs Bruce, please keep these coming... even if only by PM to me personally.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Mats have arrived at the Cambridge dockyarrrrrrd (haaar, me hearties).

Packaging was shot to hell as expected, but the contents were OK. The dark blue matches my existing 1/1200 and 1/450 bases perfectly

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bart

Finally got my tracking info a few hours ago, but.... they shipped mine USPS for some reason and tracking numbers on USPS are mostly worthless. They show my tracking number as not even a valid number.
    So we'll see how long it takes to get it (or *if* I get it) and what kind of shape it comes in. The USPS does not always seem to realize that people actually want the contents of their packges intact.
    (Anyone happen to know why they didn't ship all UPS?)

All I can tell you is that my mats came in USPS priority and the ships came in UPS one day after the mats.

Looks like I've got a tracking number, I can almost see the mast tops over the horizon.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Scrivner View Post
    Finally got my tracking info a few hours ago, but.... they shipped mine USPS for some reason and tracking numbers on USPS are mostly worthless. They show my tracking number as not even a valid number.
    So we'll see how long it takes to get it (or *if* I get it) and what kind of shape it comes in. The USPS does not always seem to realize that people actually want the contents of their packges intact.
    Personally, I prefer FedEx... UPS has given me problems before, and USPS... well, I'm most displeased with their LACK of followup when I filed a claim over a package I sent to Clipper that seems to have mysteriously disappeared somewhere along his driver's delivery route.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 01-13-2014 at 16:26.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Ted

I received an email with a USPS tracking number. I have to assume it is the extra mat... They did ship the pledge boxes and extras separately?

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

It looks like I am out of the running for the last to receive stuff.

Name:  SOG_Arrival.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  116.6 KB

My ship appears to have come in...

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Congrats, Bruce. Knowing roughly how much you put into SoG, I sure hope it's all there and accounted for. Very impressive!

Got a USPS tracking number this morning. Ran the number this afternoon and it comes back "Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again."

A lot of companies issue tracking numbers the same day they ship the orders, even before they're picked up.

I got an "I swear we shipped it but we don't have a tracking number" email from them.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

I contacted Ares via KS email this morning when my tracking number was appearing as "Tracking information is not available at this time." (BTW... it is still appearing the same way at 7:20 PM (CT)) They told me that they were going to check with the warehouse. They also said that all of the last batches of TRNs were individual numbers. I'm hoping that the tracking number appears as valid at some point tomorrow.

Also noticed that Ares mentioned that "a part of our domestic shipments went out with USPS 2-day service rather than UPS. On Monday I can provide more accurate info on your situation on Monday." I'm HOPING that means that my order send Friday via USPS will arrive tomorrow and that the tracking number problem is no big deal.
    Last edited by GrouperKicker; 01-13-2014 at 18:42.

Just got my TN. Apparently the package is on it's way to the Indiana USPS sort facility now.

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bart

I checked my TRN again this evening and it now recognizes it as a valid number but it apparently has not been picked up from the warehouse yet. At least there is some encouraging news!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Sail Ho!

Just received notice from UPS that my package should be arriving tomorrow! ... just enough time to put crew to breakfast before dousing fires, giving a clean sweep for and aft ... and finally beating to quarters!

There should be a special Anchorage medal for whoever gets their stuff last.
    My tracking number says the 17th, but I'll be out of town and won't get to see it until the 19th..at maybe 9PM before I have to hit the sack to go to work Monday.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

I checked my TRN again this evening and it now recognizes it as a valid number but it apparently has not been picked up from the warehouse yet. At least there is some encouraging news!
    I'm getting a similar tracking message.
    I followed up with Ares and it looks like my package, shipped on Friday was "ready too late to get out in time for the pick-up". If you were shipped via USPS, I wonder if you and I are in the same boat.