Thread: YOUR FUTURE RELEASE PICKS

Hybrid View

With the four I have listed, you could probably put together an opening war scenario, substituting existing models with custom cards for historic ships.

64-gun Africa - British 74 with custom card
    36-gun British frigate - 38-gun British frigate with custom card
    16-gun US brigs Argus and Syren - British Cruizer class brig with custom card and reflagged

Models would be a little off scale but close enough for game purposes

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I am with Bobby - some smaller ships would be nice, especially given my desire for War of 1812 scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    With the four I have listed, you could probably put together an opening war scenario, substituting existing models with custom cards for historic ships.

64-gun Africa - British 74 with custom card
    36-gun British frigate - 38-gun British frigate with custom card
    16-gun US brigs Argus and Syren - British Cruizer class brig with custom card and reflagged

Models would be a little off scale but close enough for game purposes
    I have wondered about the smaller ships and how they might work in the game.
    The Barbary pirate ships in particular are rather on the small side.

If the same 1:1000 scale and base sizes are used, the ships might look lost on the base.
    If they are scaled up, they might look out of proportion to the other game elements.
    If the bases are smaller, they would require custom bases that would increase costs a bit and may impact game mechanics.

I don't know if there is an optimal answer to this question, but I think it might be worth "tossing around" a bit.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    I have wondered about the smaller ships and how they might work in the game.
    The Barbary pirate ships in particular are rather on the small side.

If the same 1:1000 scale and base sizes are used, the ships might look lost on the base.
    If they are scaled up, they might look out of proportion to the other game elements.
    If the bases are smaller, they would require custom bases that would increase costs a bit and may impact game mechanics.

I don't know if there is an optimal answer to this question, but I think it might be worth "tossing around" a bit.
    Would it be feasible to have an inside border printed on the cards to represent a smaller base?

For some of the really small ships, I wonder how having more than one on a base would work.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

If they go with smaller ships they'd best reduce the price significantly, or I wont be buying any. Same thing if they change the scale.