My two cents, but I may be a little more critical than most. The lines should really connect to the mast below the top, not to the side of the top. The one going from the top to the next top should start on the edge of the top as you've shown in green, then go to the mast below the uppermost top.

Not only would the design be more historically correct, it would allow for some "messyness" in attaching it and you wouldn't be trying to glue the bottom set to the platform side, then glueing the top set on top of the bottom set on the side of the platform. Hopefully that makes sense!

So it would provide a more historic look, and look cleaner as well (less glue, or if you do make a mess, some parts are hidden below the fighting tops).

Now, question is - can you get the correct angle from the bottom attachment boards to the mast without hitting the side of the ship?

As far as price, I'd probably pay up to about $10 a ship to get my ships to look good. Personally, I'd rather have 10 nice looking ships all rigged up over 20 ships. That's just one man's thoughts though.