Thread: Kick Starter: Gettysburg: The Valley of Death

Default Kick Starter: Gettysburg: The Valley of Death

Any ACW fans out there? I wanted to try and build last second support from any ACW fans. Gordon and Hague has a Kick Starter (see link below) for their new Gettysburg board game. The neat thing about this Kickstatrer, the game can be played with minis or with the counters that come in the game. The game board is huge 4 feet by 3.5 feet. The mini's are 15mm and pre painted. There are backer levels if you only want the mini's, just the board game and level for both the mini's and the board game. Only 52 hours to go on this one.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projec......ath-board-game

Bob

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Link-o not work-o.

Nice looking game. It looks like they might not make their $20,000 goal unless they get a surge in the last 48 hours.

Alright reposting link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ath-board-game

It is a nice looking game, and the mini's too and at a good price. The funding is sooooo close. Hopefully the last few will squeeze in at the last minute.

Looks nice, but no US civil war game ever made it to a translation in German language.

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post
    Looks nice, but no US civil war game ever made it to a translation in German language.
    Not including the UK, I don't think I've seen much interest in the American Civil War in Europe.

73 backers and $611.00 to go with 22 hours left....

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Have you pledged? I am tempted.

I just got back from the library, having taken out several Civil War documentaries.

I did pledge. And I have purchased from this company before. Their customer service is excellent. They previously sold 10mm ACW mini's and I bought a ton. I want the 15's becase of the better detail. The KS price is better than their normal web price.

I can't comment on the game.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Looks very nice, and I'm tempted, but the SoG arrival may swamp my gaming space as it is. Not sure where I'd put this one? Thanks for sharing the information.

Looks like this will fund, 7 hours to go, and it's over the funding level now. I'm going to use the 15mm to play 'Longstreet', I'll possibly use my old 10mm figs to play this game. The hexes are 2" hexes, which means you can make your own 3d battlefilds and a hex mat.

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Looks like this will fund, 7 hours to go, and it's over the funding level now. I'm going to use the 15mm to play 'Longstreet', I'll possibly use my old 10mm figs to play this game. The hexes are 2" hexes, which means you can make your own 3d battlefilds and a hex mat.
    "Longstreet" looks interesting. I like Sam's Napoleonic games. If this company put out a Napoleonic version with figures I'd be tempted! For ACW I was looking at the Simmon's boardgame "Guns of Gettysburg" which was funded a while back.

Eric

Eric,

Supposedly, Gordon and Hague have a Napoleonic game with miniatures in the works (and an AWI game). If I seem something materialize I'll post it here.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
    Eric,

Supposedly, Gordon and Hague have a Napoleonic game with miniatures in the works (and an AWI game). If I seem something materialize I'll post it here.

Bob
    Thanks!

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Let me know when they plan to do the Tennessee Campaign. :)

They have indicated the intent is to add games to the series, we'll have to see where they take it.

This is tempting as I have also dealt with Brian before. Infact if you look in the back of the Severed Union rules I am credited with helping although it was from a distance as I was in Kosovo at the time. I was very disappointed to learn they had to give up the 10mm line as I am now firmly entrenched with my 10mm armies all painted for Longstreet and other rules. All of my 10mm CAV and a few reiments are G&H.

I would like to bite on the game, but bad timing due to the GOV shut down. Being in the military we know they are going to pay us we just do not know when, so I am currenlty on a strict spending freeze.

That's understandable, hopefully the shut down will get resolved soon. I bought quite a few of the 10mm, after you posted them on the Forumini. When they ran out at G&H I ordered some additional Grand Army boxes from an online store in England. You can still find the 10's but they are getting harder and harder to find. I haven't found any on the secondary market.

I heard Brian had difficulty with the supplier over seas, and that killed the 10mm line. That's too bad I liked'em to.

I went on Gordon and Hagues web site today, and looks like the future Grand Army Boxes are going to be half regular Brigade Box troops and half will be of the new eleite sculpts. Interesting.

Guys, we have a fellow gamer here in Florida who manufacturers 10mm ACW.

I have seen many of his games and the figs are great.

Here is his web site.

www.crackerlineminis.com

I hope this helps.

I too checked out the website today and I see they have box art up for the Napoleonic and AWI versions. Waterloo and Cowpens.

Eric

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Kangaroo View Post
    Huh -- I actually get this reference.... >:)

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Japheth

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Huh -- I actually get this reference.... >:)

and it is essentially neutral since the use could be celebrating Yankee economy or deriding the inefficiency of bureaucracy.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaLazarus View Post
    and it is essentially neutral since the use could be celebrating Yankee economy or deriding the inefficiency of bureaucracy.
    Actually, I was referring to the actual "Cracker Line" from the Siege of Chattanooga in the American Civil War.

http://www.aboutnorthgeorgia.com/ang/Cracker_Line