Thread: Windage Dice

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I would not replace counter draws with dice simply to avoid table bumps, etc., because I think there are good solutions to such things, e.g. laminated cards and dry markers. I would replace counters with dice only if the dice are more efficient, or if I wanted to keep probability spreads consistent from turn to turn.

Todd, how did you set up the logic of your table?
    Table bumping shouldn't really be an issue with windage, but the counters require you to maintain another pair of cups, bags, or free space for counter mixing for the one draw each turn; dice are much easier to relocate as they require no prep or clean-up, so effectively take up no space and never get in the way.

I was hoping someone else would engineer their own to check me, but the odds for the counters basically assume a 4-in-10 chance of drawing a wind-change counter from a neutral status, and a 1-in-10 chance of change or 2-in-10 chance of reversion from a pending change status. The dice system assumes one face on the die for each change, so 1-in4 chance of rollong a change counter from neutral, and a 1-in-8 chance of change or 1-in-8 chance of reversion from a pending change status.
    Last edited by Pseudotheist; 09-25-2013 at 18:18.