Thread: Official Accessories

Hybrid View

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mario

The smoke clouds could also be used in representing which ships are on fire in the optional rules. Get too close to one, and now you have two.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    So, what's up with the smoke markers? Any special rules for those yet? I didn't see them in the rulebook, but then again I was skimming through it half conscious too.
    Not in the base rules. I was always my understanding that it would be added in a later supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    i must admit I didn't see any either. And we haven't playtested any either. we did use them extensively in our demo/parti games though, placing them alongside ships when they fire and removing them when the broadside is reloaded and able to fire again. they made a handy (and quite attractive) visual marker and were extremely useful.
    I am glad you guys found them as useful as I have during games.

Quote Originally Posted by QfunK! View Post
    The smoke clouds could also be used in representing which ships are on fire in the optional rules. Get too close to one, and now you have two.
    Some type of fire mark might be in order for this as well.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    i must admit I didn't see any either. And we haven't playtested any either. we did use them extensively in our demo/parti games though, placing them alongside ships when they fire and removing them when the broadside is reloaded and able to fire again. they made a handy (and quite attractive) visual marker and were extremely useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by QfunK! View Post
    Good ideas. If we don't get our KS in time for my demo game at Rock-Con, I will make some of these. I like the idea of using aids that will enhance the visual appeal of the game and assist with the game mechanics.