Hybrid View

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    David (Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    So Dave, we haven't seen anymore updates for a while now...........................................................
    Ya... I've been slacking a little bit. Work has been keeping me pretty busy, which is a good thing. My limited modeling time has been directed at some 28mm Samurai miniatures. What it really amounts to is that I am waiting for a little inspiration on what to do about the windows... I'm just not satisfied with what I have now.

Maybe I should skip ahead for now. I think I may have a unique solution for sails that involves some sculpey, card stock, and liquid latex!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Wear Ship Dave View Post
    Ya... I've been slacking a little bit. Work has been keeping me pretty busy, which is a good thing. My limited modeling time has been directed at some 28mm Samurai miniatures. What it really amounts to is that I am waiting for a little inspiration on what to do about the windows... I'm just not satisfied with what I have now.

Maybe I should skip ahead for now. I think I may have a unique solution for sails that involves some sculpey, card stock, and liquid latex!
    Now you have my attention! The sails need to be flexible and rigid at the same time, I am intrigued! I did a lot of paper making/molding in art school a long time ago-just after we moved from papyrus as I recall . . . I tried Japanese tissue paper and different fillers on my Mary Rose, too fragile but they look the part . . .

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper1701 View Post
    Now you have my attention! The sails need to be flexible and rigid at the same time, I am intrigued! I did a lot of paper making/molding in art school a long time ago-just after we moved from papyrus as I recall . . . I tried Japanese tissue paper and different fillers on my Mary Rose, too fragile but they look the part . . .
    Oh, god -- someone has Given Clipper Ideas.... :)