Thread: Collissions

Hybrid View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

What we did in our last game is use the "Friendly Ship" collision rule and then added the "Entanglement" rules for indicating collision with enemy ships. Because of the size of the playing area it seems collisions could be a common occurrence. After all you are trying to stay in fairly close to get the best effect with your cannon fire.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Scargap View Post
    Because of the size of the playing area it seems collisions could be a common occurrence.......
    True, and thats a feature of the movement system rather than "real life". Unlike the fairly regular examples of bumping ships which we seem to be experiencing in games our real life counterparts were actually quite good at manoeuvring and fighting at close quarters without running foul of other ships unless and until one side or the other wanted to do so. I suppose its a feature of the card based manoeuvre system (I've noticed that unintentional collisions are more prevalent using the Standard/Advanced system but still are a feature of the Basic system as well), and also that there is no option for our 1/1000 commanders to take the kind of evasive action that they would do if they were in some of the situations in which they find themselves on the tabletop.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    there is no option for our 1/1000 commanders to take the kind of evasive action that they would do if they were in some of the situations in which they find themselves on the tabletop.
    I wouldn't say that. The ships only collide if their end positions overlap. That allows for a lot of evasive action.