Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
Now I'm more confused than ever. On the Osprey publishing site it say, Otto von Pivka (the nom de plume of Digby Smith) wrote his first book for Osprey in 1972. He is a prolific author, who has contributed many titles to the Men-at-Arms series on the armies and forces of the Napoleonic Wars. A former major in the British Army, he is now retired, but continues to write books on this key period.

But on the back cover of Navies of the Napoleonic era published by Hippocrenne, it has a picture of him with the following statement under it,
OTTO von Pivka was born in Sonthofen, southern Germany, in 1920; his parents were Austrian. In 1938 he joined the Wehrmacht and became an infantry officer. During the war he served in North Africa and on the Russian Front; he was wounded at the capture of Tobruk After the war he devoted his spare time to perfecting his English in London and Vienna, and studied the history of the German peoples, concentrating on the Napoleonic era.

Seems like the more I read the more confused I get.
Hmmm... Seems like when it comes to his Author bio, he is more of a fiction writer than an historian...