Thread: Rory's Russian Fleet

Hybrid View

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I just looked at the dust cover of my copy of RUSSIAN WARSHIPS in the AGE of SAIL 1696-1860 and it shows Dark Green sides with white stripes.
    Hi Ed,
    Dark green rails and dark green bottoms yes. The rails are green. the lower part looks to me like old copper gone green. the sides seem black and white to me. Page 28 of the book tells of the ships colour. Look at my copy in my album and thread "The Russians are coming".
    Be safe
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    Hi Ed,
    Dark green rails and dark green bottoms yes. The rails are green. the lower part looks to me like old copper gone green. the sides seem black and white to me. Page 28 of the book tells of the ships colour. Look at my copy in my album and thread "The Russians are coming".
    Be safe
    Rory
    Very odd that my copy shows only one black stripe just above the waterline and the rest dark green with white stripes. It might my cover was the end of the cover run and the ink was starting to fade. Yes I read the 5th paragraph of page 28 but, I wonder if all Russian ships could have been repainted in his short 5 year reign, if it was even implemented.
    Please see http://my.erinet.com/~bp/pt_napnv.ht...al_Ship_Colors showing green hull & white stripes by Ray Trochim.
    Last edited by Gunner; 09-19-2013 at 03:51.