Thread: SW X Wing and FFG discussion

Threaded View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Japheth

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Hm -- my experience has been the opposite; with fewer maneuver options and less need to think two jumps ahead, The SO is much faster about determining her movements (she has problems when confronted with large number of Choices -- it's a recurring joke in the house).
    I see what you mean about quick planning and I agree. I only meant a slow down due to dice based attack and defense. I know this has been generally covered before, so I am not here to reignite that debate. I just mean that it isn't unheard of to roll poorly or amazingly all night so you could potentially have a small (1 or 2 ship) game where the attacker can't seem to deliver damage whether due to poor attack rolling or amazing defense rolling. I know that won't happen all the time, but when it does happen in can make for an unexpectedly long game. A card damage system tending to always deliver a set amount of total damage per draws when draw count equals the number of cards in the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    The only real slowdown in play came when trying to find the bit in the rules about which special-rule takes precedence when two or more conflict (note: Always take characters with "can't" specials; they trump all others).
    Thanks for that info. That is something I will keep in mind and pay attention to the next time I get to play and test out the system. Cheers!
    Last edited by OmegaLazarus; 09-16-2013 at 08:08. Reason: forgot to address second point.