Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
Hi Chris,
Yes! I do like the idea of more crew. I'm making you spend more money and more work. A part of me is sorry, but a part of me thinks I'm right. By the way I think your ship looks great.
I too have a small and large island from Rod. I am going to order one more small island. I have not done them yet, but saw one this year at Gosport. It was a part of a WW2 game. It looked so good. I asked if I could have a closer look. I fell in love with it before being told it was one of Langton's. Vol thinks my shore-lines I have made look O.K., so asked me why buy his? Mine are O.K. but his are, just so! and the weight of them is good. My handmade shore-lines are light. But the shape and size lets them lock into my harbour, which is heavy. If I made islands they would be too light and move around the table. Langton's are best and I'm so looking forward to doing them.
I wish you good modelling.
Be safe
Rory
Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
Love all the crew figures. Makes it more of a diorama than a model.

Its been a while since my last post, I've been working each evening, and haven't had any chances to post my updates. Still i can't complain as i do get paid for it and allows me to keep buying these ships etc.
Having finally painted the 60 topmen, I've now began gluing and lashing the yards and sails to the masts.

I do agree that this is turning into a diorama, I think having so many crew helps to distract from some of my many mistakes I've made along the way, which can never be a bad thing.

As for the islands and martello towers, they all arrived from Langton last week. They look really nice and i agree with Rory that the wait will stop them moving about in the game., but I'm going to finish the victory before i embark on painting those. Hopefully should have them painted and ready just before all my ships arrive.

Name:  IMG_7434.jpg
Views: 946
Size:  223.1 KBName:  IMG_7472.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  184.1 KBName:  IMG_7481.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  250.0 KBName:  IMG_7489.jpg
Views: 1035
Size:  233.2 KB