Thread: 1:300 HMS Victory by Langton

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Your photos are sometimes a bit deceiving, making the model look larger than what it is. If my information and calculations are right, the model is only about 5 1/2 inches long by 1 1/4 inches wide. You're doing an incredible job with the small details on something of that size.
    Your absolutley right, the pictures do make the ship look deceptively large. Here is a picture of the ship sailing through a sea of money to give it some sense of scale.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1148
Size:  1.30 MB

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    Your absolutley right, the pictures do make the ship look deceptively large. Here is a picture of the ship sailing through a sea of money to give it some sense of scale.
    Thanks for the scale. The model looks like it is coming along nicely Chris. You'll be Admiral of the fleet one day.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I don't think my scale picture was as helpful as i thought it would be. A ruler would have been much more sensible. As such here is a picture with a ruler. After measuring i can confirm that the model is 9 inches long. Though once the bowsprit is fitted, it is likely to be a fair bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    Thanks for the scale. The model looks like it is coming along nicely Chris. You'll be Admiral of the fleet one day.
    That does have rather a nice ring to it. "Admiral of the Fleet"! I shudder to think of building a whole fleet of these though. Perhaps Commodore might require a little less building. My 3 ships might then be enough.

Name:  IMG_6532 (1).jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  1.24 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    I don't think my scale picture was as helpful as i thought it would be. A ruler would have been much more sensible. As such here is a picture with a ruler. After measuring i can confirm that the model is 9 inches long. Though once the bowsprit is fitted, it is likely to be a fair bit longer.

That does have rather a nice ring to it. "Admiral of the Fleet"! I shudder to think of building a whole fleet of these though. Perhaps Commodore might require a little less building. My 3 ships might then be enough.

Name:  IMG_6532 (1).jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  1.24 MB
    I bit larger than I thought (the dimensions I came up with were on the net for the model in mm), but still an incredible job on detail.