Hello Folks,

Sue and I are diving into modeling, and I am about to put in our first order to Langton. Here's what we have thus far:

USS Constitution
USS Constitution at quarters
HMS Victory (not sure if at quarters)
Santisima Trinidad (not sure if at quarters)

For at quarters, we will order the associated size of brass Easy Sail with courses furled, otherwise Full Sail.

Should we order anything else from Langton's site in terms of accessories? Are we wise in ordering brass as opposed to white medal? Are our sail choices logical? Is there a given ship that you would recommend for our first try?

We're ordering Langton's book as well.

We're ordering ships we'll eventually want - iconic ships from different nations (suggestions welcome), certain ships that I have read on and feel a connection to (e.g. Constitution), etc. Our focus is not solely for play, but also the desire to try some modeling, and if all goes well, to clutter up the game room with interesting ships that have some measure of meaning to us. If all goes well, I can see us eventually building more for play, i.e. focus on a given war or given nation. For now, it is modeling more for the experience and joy of it.

We are looking into an airbrush, so any advice would be appreciated. Sue recently started painting fantasy minis, and we will be doing some WoG repaints, WWII armor, buildings, etc., so it will be used for different genres of games.

Thanks again Vol for getting this ball rolling. We're excited to give it a try.

Thanks,
Eric