View Poll Results: What's your favorite sea ditty?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blow the Man Down

12 16.90%
  • Drunken Sailor

40 56.34%
  • In the Navy

10 14.08%
  • Beyond the Sea

7 9.86%
  • Das Leibe Schiff

2 2.82%

Thread: Favorite Nautical Tune

Hybrid View

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Charles

When you're talking about Authentic Tex-Mex or Southern BBQ in the upper Midwest you really need to put the "Authentic" in quotes. BBQ in Chicago is a perfectly grilled Maxwell Street Polish.

Every region has a specialty. For us it's deep-dish pizza with sausage covering the entire bottom of a buttered crust. It's Italian Beef soaked through the roll "au jus." It's a Vienna Beef hot dog served on a poppy seed bun because a 'dog isn't a 'dog unless it snaps when you bite it.

Link-->Tastes of Chicago

If you want to risk life and limb in pursuit of a meal, don't go grizzly hunting. Walk into one of those aforementioned south-side eateries and ask them to put ketchup on your hot dog. The bullet-proof glass isn't there to protect the folks behind the counter. It's there to protect the tourists who don't know any better.

Among all the jerseys I own for any team in any sport, there is only one in my closet that has a name and number on it. In the NFL HOF, the Chicago Bears dominate in two player position categories. The first being line backers with Butkus arguably the greatest among them. The other position is well represented by the man I consider, the greatest football player of all time. The only player number I wear belongs to the guy hurdling three line backers in this pic...

Name:  WalterPayton_display_image.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  52.7 KB

As my all time favorite announcer Cosell would say, "and there goes Sweetness".
    God, those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Link-->Tastes of Chicago

Among all the jerseys I own for any team in any sport, there is only one in my closet that has a name and number on it. In the NFL HOF, the Chicago Bears dominate in two player position categories. The first being line backers with Butkus arguably the greatest among them. The other position is well represented by the man I consider, the greatest football player of all time. The only player number I wear belongs to the guy hurdling three line backers in this pic...

Name:  WalterPayton_display_image.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  52.7 KB

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    As my all time favorite announcer Cosell would say, "and there goes Sweetness".
    God, those were the days.
    Amen. May he rest in peace.