View Poll Results: What's your favorite sea ditty?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blow the Man Down

12 16.90%
  • Drunken Sailor

40 56.34%
  • In the Navy

10 14.08%
  • Beyond the Sea

7 9.86%
  • Das Leibe Schiff

2 2.82%

Thread: Favorite Nautical Tune

Hybrid View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

No idea of what 733T-speak is? No idea? Of course I know what it is - 733T being code for leet which is short for elite which refers to online gaming language, also 733T can be used for hackers' language. At least that is what I just read online once I looked it up, having never seen it before.

7 was a nod to the Almighty - 7 being a Biblical number for God
    EAT is easy - my initials, the A being Anthony, an ever present component in any true Italian-American's name
    51 - the number I used on all my softball and basketball league uniforms as homage to one of the greatest American Football linebackers of all time - **** Butkus

Name:  DB 1.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  DB 2.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  65.1 KB

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Michael

Coincidentally, my middle name is Anthony as well. No italian heritage though. Half Hungarian and and half New England WASP.

And I like the references. Butkus was an amazing player, and his name is the best football name ever save one (in my book): Bronko Nagurski.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLaborMike View Post
    Coincidentally, my middle name is Anthony as well. No italian heritage though. Half Hungarian and and half New England WASP.

And I like the references. Butkus was an amazing player, and his name is the best football name ever save one (in my book): Bronko Nagurski.
    Between goulash and clam chowder, you have some of the culinary food bases covered. Hungarian, now that is a difficult language to learn. One of my friend's brother lived there, and came to speak like a native. Hungarians thought he was Hungarian. Slightly different than my experience with English. When I started college, the school registered me for an English class for non-native speakers. Then they found out I was born and raised in America. Apparently, Southside Chicagoese was not a recognized dialect at the time.

Bronko Nagurski, another Chicago Bear (http://chicagosportsmemories.blogspo...erhouse.html):

Name:  bronko-nagurski.jpg
Views: 999
Size:  85.2 KB

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Butkus is my #1 American football player ever. Watched him play many times. The scary part is that I'm two years older than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    the greatest American Football linebackers of all time - **** Butkus

Name:  DB 1.jpg
Views: 1002
Size:  65.2 KB

Name:  DB 2.jpg
Views: 922
Size:  65.1 KB