Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The problem with medals

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Chris, go to the home page, left hand column down the bottom is a box for donations you can choose the amount and use paypal. I'm sure Keith would be grateful.
    I can't get to the Home page. I'm not allowed there. The only page I can access is the Forum page. That explains why I've never seen it, at least I've not gone blind. I've found it on the Aerodrome so I know what I'm looking for now.

Try typing in
    sailsofglory.org/content.php

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Gull View Post
    Okay, maybe a dumb question, but how do you go about making a donation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Chris, go to the home page, left hand column down the bottom is a box for donations you can choose the amount and use paypal. I'm sure Keith would be grateful.
    When you are at the Paypal site, there will be a link right when you're about to pay under your address that looks like this:

Add special instructions to the seller

Click that and when the text box opens up, put in your Anchorage name, e.g. Sea Gull, Berthier, 7eat51, etc.

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

When I type sailsofglory.org/content.php I get :

Sea Gull, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Chris, if you cannot access the homepage from within the Anchorage, try logging off, doing a google search for the Anchorage - which should bring you to the homepage - and logging back in and make your contribution. If you still have problems, PM Keith.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

When I type sailsofglory.org/content.php I get :

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Chris, if you cannot access the homepage from within the Anchorage, try logging off, doing a google search for the Anchorage - which should bring you to the homepage - and logging back in and make your contribution. If you still have problems, PM Keith.
    IIRC, Chris' login had an issue that a Rank insignia did not appear below his screen name until something was changed in the configuration long after he was on board.

I would not be surprised if there is some additional configuration flag issue that for some reason was still preventing his access to one or more site areas.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Japheth

Maybe you could disable the PM and welcome thread as counting into the post count for medals and the like. Some other forums I am on don't count intro threads towards post limit for vetting, medals etc.

It might help. Also, banning ppl who are just spamming could work. I help manage another site (different software), but I don't hesitate to "suspend for spam" based on my own judgement.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

PM's don't count toward post totals IIRC...

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

I had to log out and then I could get to the home page. What a beauty. Never seen it before. There's How-tos on building ships and all sorts of things. It's like Christmas all over again.

Anyway I followed Eric's advice and used Paypal so the donation is finally in.
    I think Bruce is correct, it took a while before my rank titles showed up, probably due to some configuration issue somewhere so we'll see if this sorts itself out soon.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and advice.

Anyway I followed Eric's advice and used Paypal so the donation is finally in.
    I think Bruce is correct, it took a while before my rank titles showed up, probably due to some configuration issue somewhere so we'll see if this sorts itself out soon.
    Nice going Chris This site deserves your support.