Thread: Quitting the kickstarter - awaiting court-martial treatment

Default Quitting the kickstarter - awaiting court-martial treatment

After pledging for the French Gunner in the KS Campaign, I quitt for the new series 6 WoG minatures upcoming May 2013.

Suprised by the great participation and displeased by the shipping cost for non-US gamers I decided to leave the KS project and invest in the new series 6 Wings of Glory planes.

I'll buy the Sails of Glory Set the normal way when it's official released.

Anyways I'm proud of your support for the SoG KS project and thank you for your engagement to make the SoG release happen.

Awaiting the court-martial treatment in my home harbour at the city of Toulon soon.

I'm sure Ares will be glad to get your money anyway you want to spend it!
    Last edited by Coog; 04-22-2013 at 11:00.

Well Sven I'm sure you'll enjoy the WOW planes and the SOG ships whenever they arrive. We don't court martial here, the French will sail on..until you catch up.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Name:  HangingPriest.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  126.4 KB

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Your support of this site Sven is greatly appreciated. We understand the tough choices you had to make.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Lawrence

Despite my humor above I agree completely. Shipping costs can e a make/break on any hobby decision. I have seen some nice things from various UK and German manufacturers that on their own are priced nice, but as soon as I factor the additional cost for shipping it's just not worth it any more. Expanding your existing collection and waiting for your local store to have SOG available sounds like a reasonable choice. I had to elect to freeze some purchases for my current hobbies to commit to the KS, but I'm on the better side of the shipping equation this time around.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

No call for a court-martial here.

Like Lawrence, I just opted out of a KS from Europe due to shipping costs.

2nd Lt
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

As pointed out Ares wil get the money for air or sea. Have a few months for the ships and look forward to playing.

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

In view of the fact the KS was very successful, there's no need to worry about facing the judgement of your peers. Besides, Ares gets your money twice, once for the WoG planes and again when you purchase the game in your local store.

I completely understand the shipping problem. I just bought two books from the states for a total of $24.90, shipping was $30.90. Fortunately the shipping note had the value as $6.07, probably the material element of the books, so I didn't get clobbered with customs duty.