Thread: Avast Lubbers!

Hybrid View

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    The Archbishop of Chicago, Cardinal Francis George once said one of the best ways to develop charcter is through unwavering loyalty to a lost cause. He went on to say Cubs fans are full of character.

Gunner, my Cathedral is Wrigley Field and if I'm cut you'll see that my blood runs Cubby blue. Win or lose, do or die, true blue to the end. If we ever meet up in AZ for spring training, the first beer at the ballpark is on me.
    Steve Bartman will have no quarter here!

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    Steve Bartman will have no quarter here!
    I respectfully disagree with that statement.

In game six of the NLCS and only four outs from the World Series it was Mark Prior who hung an 0-2 curve ball to Ivan Rodriguez. it was Alex Gonzalez who bobbled a taylor-made double play ball that lead to the Cubs turning a 3-0 lead into a 3-8 loss. It was a team effort by the Cubs when they lost game 7 in their last chance at glory.

Every hand in that section was reaching for the ball as would any other human being in that situation. It's a subject of considerable debate as to whether Alou could have even caught that ball if there was no interference. I don't blame Steve Bartman for anything. For all that Mr. Bartman has endured since that day I will gladly give him a place of honor in my wardroom and buy him all the beer he can drink.