View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a Kickstater for a War of 1812 Expansion?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 56.38%
  • No

25 16.78%
  • Not sure

40 26.85%

Thread: Would You Participate in a Kickstater for a War of 1812 Expansion?

Hybrid View

I love it when Bruce crunches the numbers.

As to 1812, hmmm,not being US based I don't have the affinity for that fight, so I have to say I'd prefer to see more on European matters. Australian matters are a non-starter there just aren't any! Unless you want to run a campaign of shipping convicts from Britain to Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) where the only combat is against nature.

So I'd like to see the Spanish, Dutch and Russians, the Anglo_Dutch Wars, the pirate wars in the Mediterranean etc. Some of that crosses over with the War of 1812 but a specific KS for that...maybe a campaign pack similar to the starter sets with four/six ships included and specific rules for the lakes combats and some specific terrain. Boxed set $100-120 I'd probably buy that but $100's maybe not.

Awards Officer
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post

Australian matters are a non-starter there just aren't any! Unless you want to run a campaign of shipping convicts from Britain to Van Diemen's Land (Tasmania) where the only combat is against nature.
    Hey, Australia was at the heart of one of the most gripping naval battles of our lifetime (as I'm about the same age as you).

It lasted less than two weeks in September of 1983.

AND AUSTRALIA WON!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    As to 1812, hmmm,not being US based I don't have the affinity for that fight,
    I could point out: I live in the US, but *where* I live is almost entirely uninvolved with that conflict as well.

So I get to be "creative".... >:)