Thread: Modelling Guidelines

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    I maybe wrong but I think from what I've seen on photos. The sails and mast seem to be one piece with a lot of plastic between the two. I think it will be a lot of work to change them.
    The damage it would do I feel would not be worth the work. Unless you scrap the mast and sails and build your own. to buy new masts remember your hull is 1-1100 and masts would be 1-1200. So I would leave well alone and just add rigging and a little paint. or buy GHQ or Langton ships
    Be safe
    Rory
    Also, I am sure that all that material between the sails and the masts is needed to strengthen the masts so that they don't easily warp or bend. This might be important especially if I add rigging that is tight enough to not sag, but not so tight that it bends the masts... that might not be possible with all that in between material removed.

Quote Originally Posted by pward View Post
    Also, I am sure that all that material between the sails and the masts is needed to strengthen the masts so that they don't easily warp or bend. This might be important especially if I add rigging that is tight enough to not sag, but not so tight that it bends the masts... that might not be possible with all that in between material removed.
    Ares did say that the material between the mast and sail could be cut, but they don't recommend it.