Quote Originally Posted by HMS Lydia View Post
I would recommend adding a signals phase before movement, to prevent bogging down play. Flag signals should be formatted. 1st Flag who message is for, Repeater flag if message didn't originate from the hioster, if repeater used 3rd flag is who message orginated with, and last segment is the message. Also, players should hiost an anknowledgement signal.
Bob, I fear things like repeater and acknowledgement flags would complicate things too much for many people playing a game with such a simple mechanic. This is one of the tradeoffs between realism/accuracy and playability. Going off of WoG, I imagine most folks would use flags only if they were quickly employed and for basic commands. I know that once WoG games start, even hand signals take a backseat to play; people seem focused on the table and their next moves. The nature of AoS might be different in this regard, but I foresee most games being of small enough scale that flag communication will be minimum anyway. I plan on using them with certain groups of players and in certain scaled games. Bob, if we find a group that doesn't mind a slower and more detailed style of play, I think your suggestions would be fun to try. This would be especially be so if we could assemble a larger group playing a larger battle. It would be a longer game as well. We should look into hosting a Saturday event that focuses on such a game.