Thread: Solo Play rule development thread

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Thijs

Just played another one. The thing I mentioned in the post before with the red movement works great.
    In this way the red movement also reacts on the presence of the enemy.

My conclusion so far is the AI ship could react somewhat more agressive in its movement when within a half ruler distance....
    So my suggestion is to add a +2 on the dice roll when within half a rule so it will turn more agressive?

Having really a good time playing the solo Rules so far and a game between 2 frigates is about half an hour

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Just played another one. The thing I mentioned in the post before with the red movement works great.
    In this way the red movement also reacts on the presence of the enemy.

My conclusion so far is the AI ship could react somewhat more agressive in its movement when within a half ruler distance....
    So my suggestion is to add a +2 on the dice roll when within half a rule so it will turn more agressive?

Having really a good time playing the solo Rules so far and a game between 2 frigates is about half an hour
    Thijs, please elaborate on how you are playing red movement issues.

I need to play a couple of games with your +2 idea, but that is the sort of easy adjustment we should aim for, and should guide how the maneuver charts are designed.

It is good to hear you are enjoying these games. I cannot express enough how much fun and learning took place when playing the Final Months campaign on the Aerodrome. Reading my fellow wingmen's AARs was like reading short stories. It was fun writing them as well.