Thread: Oh that is interesting! Ares update

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kaiser View Post
    I think she's a third, papers from factory got her born in 1985?, Black Powder frame model, with holding screw, for removal of cylinder pin. By the way, what's the .22 LR ammo situation like down there? Up here boxes of 50 were goin' for $50! A while ago. Not sure now.
    Hi Mark, check out the Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills, Michigan. A box of 50 Federal Champion .22LR solid will run you a whole $2.49, or a 525 round box of .22LR hollow point for $23.99.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Hi Mark, check out the Bass Pro Shop in Auburn Hills, Michigan. A box of 50 Federal Champion .22LR solid will run you a whole $2.49, or a 525 round box of .22LR hollow point for $23.99.
    Roger that. Glad to here the dry spell is no longer dry. I do know though the ammo gets sucked up before the stockboy can even shelf it! Think Cabbage Patch Doll craze back in the 80's. I also heard from an inside source that the Government closed up many of the lead mines and our "Commander in Chief" ordered millions of .22 rounds to be scuttled to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico, thus leading to the hoopla.